Windows 10: Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications.

Discus and support Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When doing normal computery stuff, my printscreen works totally fine. I press it, I paste into Paint or Discord, and there it is. The problems arise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by skyeyemx, Mar 18, 2021.

1. skyeyemx Win User

Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications.

When doing normal computery stuff, my printscreen works totally fine. I press it, I paste into Paint or Discord, and there it is.

The problems arise when I'm in fullscreen games. Pressing printscreen most of the time does absolutely nothing, *however*, when I press it after alt+tabbing into a game, it works - but it only printscreens the first frame in the game.

For example; I play No Man's Sky. I have my camera pointed north. I alt+tab out of the game and then alt+tab back into the game. After alt+tabbing into the game, I point my camera east. I press PrtSc, and paste into Paint. The image that comes out shows my camera pointed north; no matter how long I wait in-game before pressing PrtSc.

This affects other games as well. For example, in Minecraft, PrtSc appears to function somewhat, however, my screenshots always show the pause menu, indicating the game is losing focus when I press PrtSc. In War Thunder, the game does not detect the PrtSc button being pressed, however it detects any keyboard shortcuts that include PrtSc for example, Alt+PrtSc.

Win+Shift+S has exactly the same issue. Once the Snip & Sketch overlay appears, the image on my screen changes from the current game to the wonky screenshot it would have took with PrtSc in my No Man's Sky example, my camera would be pointing north in the Snip & Sketch overlay.

Here's my specs; I use a Shadow client: Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications. 65c1f8e7-d739-4cf8-8d59-06f9f0471408?upload=true.png

:)

skyeyemx, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications.

1. Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications. - Similar Threads - Print Screen working

2. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  3. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  4. Using Black In only, generally and colour ink only for certain printing tasks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Black In only, generally and colour ink only for certain printing tasks: how can i turn colour ink cartridge on only when needed and off when not needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-black-in-only-generally-and-colour-ink-only/6f483b17-d66a-405e-be85-6e3f7f779763
  5. Pc Blue Screen only while using certain applications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc Blue Screen only while using certain applications.: THis issue only occurs when I use two applications in particular. The new steam game Valheim, and when using Davinci Resovle 17 video editing software. pc specs below. CPU I5-9600k MOBO: Asus z390 gaming Ram: gskill ddr4 28gb sticks 16gb total GPU: 2070 super PSU: 750w...
  6. Only works sometimes

in Cortana
    Only works sometimes: Why the hell does Cortana on work when it wants to? And why isn't MS doing anything about it. I've tech support several times and they get it to work but 5 minutes later it stops....
  7. My camera only sometimes works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera only sometimes works.: I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop, currently with Windows 10 although it is possible that it had not always Windows 10, and this year, the built-in camera suddenly stopped working; whenever I opened the application, the computer claimed that no camera was attached which...
  8. Mobile hotspot works only sometimes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot works only sometimes: I'm trying to connect my iPhone 8+ to my Dell Inspiron 5558 using the Mobile Hotspot. I can sometimes get it to connect, which it will only last for a couple hours before it disconnects and when I try to reconnect it tells me that I have an incorrect password, which I know is...
  9. Night Light works sometimes only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light works sometimes only: The Night Light feature only works half the time for me. It's really annoying. I click it and wait and nothing happens. Restart the computer and then it works again. No explanation. submitted by /u/jamescholden [link] [comments]...
  10. High Contrast setting only on certain applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast setting only on certain applications: So by mistake, on the ease of access tab I clicked on the high contrast setting a number of times as my computer seemed to have sticky keys of some sort. Even after being turned off, some applications still retained the high contrast e.g. the background of Microsoft words and...