Windows 10: "Print Screen" quit working

Discus and support "Print Screen" quit working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home. Recently, my "Print Screen" quit working. I click on the Windows icon (bottom row, 3rd from left) and "prt sc" at the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimmieballgame, Nov 24, 2017.

1. "Print Screen" quit working

I have Windows 10 Home. Recently, my "Print Screen" quit working.

I click on the Windows icon (bottom row, 3rd from left) and "prt sc" at the same time and the screen gets darker like it always did when it worked, but nothing shows up anywhere on my PC.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thank you

:)

jimmieballgame, Nov 24, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 24, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Print Screen" quit working :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Print Screen" quit working :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Print Screen" quit working :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Print Screen" quit working :)

musum, Nov 24, 2017
  4. "Print Screen" quit working

Hi Jimmie.

Not sure what you mean, it doesn't show up anywhere on PC.

Have you tried pasting the clipboard contents into paint, a word processor or other graphical software. (an email).

Does alt + Print screen give you the window that is in focus (active)? Can you paste it into paint?

Caledon Ken, Nov 24, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    I don't use that feature.

However, for me, it saves into pictures/screenshots. I suppose that you've already looked there?

I have no idea how the default location could have been changed, if that has anything to do with your problem.

bobkn, Nov 24, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Just hit the Alt Print Screen or Ctrl V. Windows Key and Print Screen has never been used together.

bro67, Nov 24, 2017
  7. Midou35000, Nov 24, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

"Print Screen" quit working

Once you hold down the Win key +Print Screen key, it saves it to the Clipboard, now open up Paint or your favorite photo editor go to the toolbar or Edit and Choose Paste,your screen shot will be pasted into the editor.
    If you don't want the whole screen you can also hold down the Alt key+Print Screen.
    However the Snipping Tool is very easy to use and has a lot more bells and whistles.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Print Screen" quit working

1. "Print Screen" quit working - Similar Threads - Print Screen quit

2. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  3. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  4. bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth quit working: i have a Lanova laptop that is less than a year old that had bluetooth when I bought it. A couple days ago it just quit working for no apparent reason. It still shows up in my settings but when I try to use it nothing works. The troubleshooter tells me my computer is not...
  5. touch screen quit working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen quit working: touch screen quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-quit-working/21be236f-0082-4efe-80e5-21d218716092
  6. Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...: Alt + Print Screen and Ctrl + Print Screen work fine on Windows 10 Enterprise when I use them at work, but when I try to use the commands on my home computer with Windows 10 Home, none of the options work. I realize I can use the snipping tool, but why would I want to take...
  7. print screen not working

print screen not working: screen takes shot but in pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-not-working/622dacbb-8862-44f8-949c-e382112eb18a
  8. Screen Print not working

Screen Print not working: I have a Surface Pro 4 using Windows 10. A couple of months ago, my print screen (windows key + prtscrn button) stopped working. What disabled this and how can I fix it? PS I am NOT a techie type!...
  9. Screen Saver slide show works and then quits

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver slide show works and then quits: I have a few personal photos set up to show as a screen saver. When I preview the settings all is fine. When screen saver starts, it runs through the photos and then the screen goes black with a message about an error stopped screen saver from running. It doesn't tell me what...
  10. Epson Workforce 645 Quit Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Workforce 645 Quit Printing: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer after reading the queries and answers at Printer won't print.. My printer still will not print; the message I always receive is, "print spooler is not running," or words to that effect. I have been working on correcting this...