Windows 10: Print Screen stopped working

Discus and support Print Screen stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently ran into a problem where Winkey + PrntScrn stopped working. I used to do it and it would just save the screen capture into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by backwardsyarn, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Print Screen stopped working

Hello, I just recently ran into a problem where Winkey + PrntScrn stopped working. I used to do it and it would just save the screen capture into my screenshots folder but it isn't working. I have looked around a bit and found that there is some issue with the xbox app or something disabling it. I recently got Forza 4 horizon which made me do some setup or something with the game bar or xbox app, sorry for being a bit confusing but I did not really pay attention at the time. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

backwardsyarn, Jan 4, 2019

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Print Screen stopped working

Window 10 Print Queue

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +R.

• Type services.msc
      in the box.

• Search and Select Print spooler.

• Right click on print Spooler and stop and restart the services and check if it helps.
    Note: Make sure that Print Spooler should be Automatic in services.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Print Screen stopped working

1. Print Screen stopped working - Similar Threads - Print Screen stopped

2. MicroSoft Print to PDF stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicroSoft Print to PDF stopped working: I have been using Microsoft Print to PDF for years to print parts of web pages, etc. Suddenly it has a problem. When I do what I have always done I get an error message " print preview error" and "an error occurred while printing". Then when I look at the folder where this...
  3. Print Screen not Working with multiple screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Screen not Working with multiple screens: Last week, the Print Screen PrtScn button was working fine. I have a 3 screen setup and I could take a screen shot of individual screens that I am working onToday, when I tried to print screen, it captures all 3 screensWhat has happened? How can I just print the screen that I...
  4. MS Print to PDF stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Print to PDF stopped working: I have two Lenovo laptops different models, not networked, both running Windows 64 Professional. All software is up to date.About two weeks ago they both lost the ability to print to pdf. I've tried every suggestion I've been able to find online, without finding a fix, and...
  5. Print Screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen stopped working: Print Screen worked when I purchased computer in Dec., Now it does not work. I have a Asus Tuff Gaming Computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-stopped-working/1ac72d85-f8ea-46a3-9d61-b25994a8bf74
  6. Print Screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Screen stopped working: I have an ASUS laptop Q427FL, the equivalent of a Zen Flip 14". Specs no longer listed online. But I don't think it is the computer hardware. Forever I've been able to print screen with the keyboard button. Just "Prt Sc", no windows key, nothing. It worked last on 2 March....
  7. Print screen key randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print screen key randomly stopped working: Hey, I have this problem and couldn't find a solution through googling. My PrtScr just stopped working - I noticed it through playing Final Fantasy 14, where it's keybind to take a screenshot from the game directly into a folder. It worked just fine a couple of days ago, but...
  8. Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...: Alt + Print Screen and Ctrl + Print Screen work fine on Windows 10 Enterprise when I use them at work, but when I try to use the commands on my home computer with Windows 10 Home, none of the options work. I realize I can use the snipping tool, but why would I want to take...
  9. print screen not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    print screen not working: screen takes shot but in pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-not-working/622dacbb-8862-44f8-949c-e382112eb18a
  10. Screen Print not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Print not working: I have a Surface Pro 4 using Windows 10. A couple of months ago, my print screen (windows key + prtscrn button) stopped working. What disabled this and how can I fix it? PS I am NOT a techie type!...