Windows 10: Print screen taking screencaps from the past

Discus and support Print screen taking screencaps from the past in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently been having this issue with my print screen taking screenshots from a few seconds before the momentI want to actually capture, I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HoneynutCheerios, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Print screen taking screencaps from the past

I've recently been having this issue with my print screen taking screenshots from a few seconds before the momentI want to actually capture, I've tried googling but all I've been finding is tutorials on how to take screenshots as if I'm 48 years old and using computers for the first time which is quite aggravating as I cannot find anything actually helpful. It's especially frustrating when I have to screenshot a moment that had only lasted a few seconds but could not capture due to this print screen capturing the past instead of the moment I intended to take.

Even pressing print screen multiple times does not solve the problem and I have to copy and paste multiple times before I actually capture what I am trying to screenshot. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

:)

HoneynutCheerios, Jun 1, 2020

2. print screen & paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• How exactly are you taking the screen shot?
    • Are you using any specific program to take the screen shot?
    • Where exactly are you trying to paste the captured screenshot?
    I suggest you to refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 1, 2020
  3. To take a screen-print.

I don't seem to be able to take a screen-print. I press the " print " icon,but I don't get a print-out. Many years ago,with those much more primitive machines,there was no real problem in getting a screen-print. It was easy,direct and immediate. But,with
    these new systems,I can't even make the printer print out a copy. This is very frustrating for a person with minimal computer knowledge. Once,I wanted to take a paper copy of an incoming E-Mail message. It just couldn't be done. I was first directed to a file-naming
    screen. I gave the file a name,and then pressed the print command. It still refused to print. Another time,I was directed to a very elaborate and detailed print-command screen,where you are required to enter all the specifications about the print-job at hand.
    I filled in all the specs and then pressed the print button. Same thing - no printing,no print-out.

If I could get " step-by-step " instructions - that would be great. It can't be that complex,if a person just knows what to do. I want to avoid, "
    45 pages of learned discussion " and all that stuff,as I probably would not be able to follow it and to apply it.

Thank-You.

Nestor Piltdown, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Print screen taking screencaps from the past

How to take a screenshot on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending
      on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)

Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it help:

You can also use the on screen keyboard to check if that helps. You may follow the article below for the same.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

(Applies to Windows 10 also)

Please do reply and let us know the troubleshooting results. If the issue persists, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Print screen taking screencaps from the past

1. Print screen taking screencaps from the past - Similar Threads - Print screen taking

2. Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...: After using "Print Screen" on the Computer, then printing what was saved from "Print Screen", does not fully print what was saved. What's Up?...
  3. Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...: After using "Print Screen" on the Computer, then printing what was saved from "Print Screen", does not fully print what was saved. What's Up?...
  4. Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. problem with print screen and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with print screen and paste: Just today I tried to use ctrl prtsc and paste onto paint3d. [IMG] This is what I got. Also my screen is flickering and my icon colours have changed to green. Have I got a virus do you think?...
  6. take pictures from screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    take pictures from screen: I have a Lenovo Yoga book note windows10 need to take pictures from screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-pictures-from-screen/ac4f4a9a-fbfe-46c2-8408-f7c5963d6cd0
  7. Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Is your Print Screen Hotkey not working? Maybe OneDrive or some other program has taken it over. If you cannot set a Hotkey & you see a message, The hotkey is in use by another program, Do you want to [...] This post Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print...
  8. Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...
  9. printing from screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printing from screen: how do I print a document on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/printing-from-screen/27518622-1a54-4757-a5f5-69c636c887b5
  10. Copy and Paste taking forever

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy and Paste taking forever: Firstly hello all new to the forum and have browsed for other related issues like mine but cant seem to quite find one thats in the same context so heres my issue.. Laptop specs (its not a brilliant laptop but its quite fast) Issue: when i CTRL + C a folder and CTRL + V...