Windows 10: Print server

Discus and support Print server in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,When I send a file to my print server on windows server 2016 it is untitled. Is it possible to have it where I can automate putting the date/ time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnthonyO'Connell1, May 27, 2022.

1. Print server

Hi,When I send a file to my print server on windows server 2016 it is untitled. Is it possible to have it where I can automate putting the date/ time and device where the file is being sent from instead of it being untitled.Thank you.

:)

AnthonyO'Connell1, May 27, 2022

2. Basic print server

Are you sure that Canon MP830 is even print server capable?
    Also, you'll lose a lot of printer features by plugging it into a print server. It'll pretty much only be able to print.

FordGT90Concept, May 27, 2022
  3. John Vil Win User
    Printing

Hi,

Print Spooler service is your main connector with the printer, and if this service doesn’t work, you won’t be able to print your documents. To assist you with your printing concern, kindly refer to the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Run the Printing Troubleshooter

We suggest that you click on this article and follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:
    Fix printer problems.

Method 2: Uninstall unnecessary printers

Having two or more printers installed can cause issues with the Print Spooler and printing. Follow the steps below to uninstall any unnecessary printers:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, locate Devices and Printers.
    • In Devices and Printers section select the printer you want to remove and click Print server properties.
    • Go to Drivers tab. You should see the list of all installed printers.
    • Select the printer you want to remove and click the Remove button.
    • Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK to completely remove the printer.
    • After removing unnecessary printers, restart your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, May 27, 2022
  4. t_ski Win User

Print server

[FS][US]   Ram, CPU, raid cards, print server, heatsinks, Office 2003 Pro/Std, wireless MS mouse

Print server and a few other items sold. List is updated now *Toast :toast:

t_ski, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Print server

1. Print server - Similar Threads - Print server

2. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system: The print server is Windows 2016, additionally we have Papercut MFP installed on it for accounting etc.Some Windows 10 computers are adding the print queue to the machine instead of the user. This is evidenced by the fact any local users logging onto the computer are...
  3. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system: The print server is Windows 2016, additionally we have Papercut MFP installed on it for accounting etc.Some Windows 10 computers are adding the print queue to the machine instead of the user. This is evidenced by the fact any local users logging onto the computer are...
  4. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...: Originally we had a 2008 print server. Another member on the network team created a 2019 server and made it a print server. He then populated the server with all the printer objects that the 2008 print server had - not sure what process he used.When he spun up the 2019 server...
  6. why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...

why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...: Originally we had a 2008 print server. Another member on the network team created a 2019 server and made it a print server. He then populated the server with all the printer objects that the 2008 print server had - not sure what process he used.When he spun up the 2019 server...
  7. Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.: This is the scenario. Computer is natively joined to Azure.There is no AD domain.Classic Windows print server Server 2022 is hosted in Azure VM, as a Workgroup computer, since there is no domain.Not using Universal Print in this instance as UP does not support wide format...
  8. Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.

Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.: This is the scenario. Computer is natively joined to Azure.There is no AD domain.Classic Windows print server Server 2022 is hosted in Azure VM, as a Workgroup computer, since there is no domain.Not using Universal Print in this instance as UP does not support wide format...
  9. Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server: Hi ,I was trying to cancel a stuck secure print job from printer server but I couldn't do it.I can print if I install this network printer directly in my PC but not if I am using printer server.Message:Job Type: Secure Print cannot be selected with the following...
  10. Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server

Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server: Hi ,I was trying to cancel a stuck secure print job from printer server but I couldn't do it.I can print if I install this network printer directly in my PC but not if I am using printer server.Message:Job Type: Secure Print cannot be selected with the following...