Windows 10: Print shifts to left of page when printing

Discus and support Print shifts to left of page when printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am currently printing a series of A5 booklets of between 80 - 100 pages. Printing on A4 paper, 2 pages per sheet to create A5 books. Printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndyDyer, May 30, 2019.

1. AndyDyer Win User

Print shifts to left of page when printing

I am currently printing a series of A5 booklets of between 80 - 100 pages. Printing on A4 paper, 2 pages per sheet to create A5 books. Printing multiple copies of the same booklet and certain pages shift to the left creating a smaller margin. For example pages 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 34, & 42 all shift left but not every book has the exact same pages shifting and they don't always shift by the same amount of space, but it is only these numbered pages that shift. Every other page is constantly ok. Being a booklet it means that the opposite printed page also shifts left and when hole punching, loses the left hand column within the holes. Cannot find any formatting differences and problem isn't the printer as the same thing happens when I convert the excel file to PDF and try printing. The computer system is windows 10.

Can anyone offer any solution as it is very frustrating. Thanks

:)

AndyDyer, May 30, 2019

2. Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 30, 2019
  3. Print prints calibration pages, but no documents

Negative: I followed all these steps, and I again removed anything from my computer and registry that is related to HP, and re-installed everything: Same problem after many attempts: The printer prints through HP setup software, but fails to print through
    Windows (Test page or Microsoft application like Word, Outlook or Excel)

Outlook displays "Printer not ready"

No problem printing from notepad

No problem printing a pdf from Microsoft Edge

Interesting is that if I print to Microsoft print to PDF then I get identical error messages

Any other suggestions or hints where the problem might be?

Regards,

Gerrit

GerritSchol, May 30, 2019
  4. Print shifts to left of page when printing

Unable to find print option.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 and check if it helps:

Step 1:

1. Open Photo gallery and click on the photo that you want to print.

2. Click on the file tab from the top left side of the page.

3. Next select print and again print.

you will be able to print.

If however you are unable to find the print option then follow step 2.

Step 2:

• Once the document/picture is open in, press
      Ctrl+P.
    • Click Print as PDF button.
    • Check if the document prints as expected.
    Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Print shifts to left of page when printing

1. Print shifts to left of page when printing - Similar Threads - Print shifts left

2. Printer prints blank page before printed page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints blank page before printed page: Printer hp 9010 series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-blank-page-before-printed-page/58452f3c-ec6e-4105-9023-278390a3638e
  3. Printer prints blank page before printed page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints blank page before printed page: Printer hp 9010 series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-blank-page-before-printed-page/58452f3c-ec6e-4105-9023-278390a3638e
  4. Printer prints blank page before printed page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page

When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page: After installing KB5003173 I try to print to any installed printer from a non-Microsoft Application i get a Black Page. If i uninstall KB5003173 this problem goes away. I am running Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H2 Build 19042.985This problem occurs on other computers that have the...
  6. Printer printing hundreds of pages when a single print is sent

Printer printing hundreds of pages when a single print is sent: I recently installed windows image on a corporate device and tried printing a file. I sent a 1 page print but the printer ended up printing 536 pages in total. The fonts were all scrambled. Is this a known Win10 issue or could it be an issue with the image I have installed?...
  7. Streaks on printed page

Streaks on printed page: What is causing streaks in the center of a page printed on my Canon Image Class mf240dw laser printer? They are about an inch wide. - - - Updated - - - Duh... Printer says 0% toner. It's still printing text ok. Just ordered more. 159525
  8. When printing, a web page disappears

When printing, a web page disappears: It is a printing issue: a specific web page and the print menu disappears after I start printing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-a-web-page-disappears/f79d5f2b-c5b7-4deb-8db3-90854b23076a
  9. pages not printing in publisher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pages not printing in publisher: Some of my booklet pages are not printing in publisher? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-not-printing-in-publisher/f384372c-e0cf-47de-8221-2575b21e25ec
  10. Printing blank pages?

Printing blank pages?: How do I stop my printer from printing blank pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-blank-pages/c125c49c-5d7a-4ada-89b3-1b7389beca2b