Windows 10: Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

Discus and support Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since my system was updated to the 2004 version of Windows 10, I am unable to print. In doing a test, I got a message that there was print spooler... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayNewsome, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

Since my system was updated to the 2004 version of Windows 10, I am unable to print. In doing a test, I got a message that there was print spooler error at the print server. Is there a fix for this problem? Is Microsoft planning to do an update to correct the problem which seems to be widespread.​

PC I am printing from and which got the Version 2004 update: Asus Zenbook Pro
    Printer make and model: Canon imageCLASS D530
    Connection: Printer is connected by cable to the server, which is another computer, a Lenovo ThinkPad. I use a Wifi connection to the network for the Zenbook.
    Complete error message from when I attempt a test page: "Operation could not be completed error 0x000006ba The server print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler on the server or restart the server machine."

Restarting the server/computer doesn't affect anything. I have always used the ThinkPad as the print server without this issue.

:)

JayNewsome, Feb 26, 2021

2. Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

Since my system was updated to the 2004 version of Windows 10, I am unable to print. In doing a test, I got a message that there was print spooler error at the print server. Is there a fix for this problem? Is Microsoft planning to do an update to correct
    the problem which seems to be widespread.

JayNewsome, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

print spooler not starting on windows 10

Hi Bharanidharan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

The error code 0x800706BA indicates that the remote procedure call (RPC) server is unavailable.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Do you get this error only when printing to PDF or while printing to a physical printer as well?
    2. What is the error message you have received while trying to start the Print Spooler service?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

You may refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running
    for the information.

Regarding the issue with the Print Spooler service which is not starting, try the below suggested steps. As you have already verified the Spooler dependency services try the below command on a command prompt window to fix the issue.

Method 1

1. Click on Start, type in cmd.
    2. Right click on it and Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command

sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
    (Note the space after the = but not before)

4. Restart the Print Spooler and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

You might have already tried this based on the troubleshooting article that you have mentioned. However, please let us know if you get the same error once you try the below mentioned steps.

1. Open the run command. Type in services.msc.
    2. Double click on the Print Spooler service and click on
      Log On option.
    3. Uncheck the box “Allow service to interact with desktop”

You may also refer the article Fix printer problems for more information.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

1. Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Print spooler error

2. Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10: Since my system was updated to the 2004 version of Windows 10, I am unable to print. In doing a test, I got a message that there was print spooler error at the print server. Is there a fix for this problem? Is Microsoft planning to do an update to correct the problem which...
  3. After windows 10 update, Error 1068, Print Spooler won't start.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After windows 10 update, Error 1068, Print Spooler won't start.: After Windows 10 large update, I found my printer not available. Drivers were there but uninstalled, reinstalled HP printer. No luck. Tracked problem to the Print Spooler. I can't start it. When I try I get this error. > "Windows could not start print spooler on...
  4. Print spooler errors with and will not print documents

Print spooler errors with and will not print documents: The windows 10 print spooler error whenever I attempt to print. The printer has been working for a couple of years. I have reinstalled the printer and run all of the trouble shooters from HP and on Windows. The Event log is displaying the following error, whenever I...
  5. Windows 10 print spooler

Windows 10 print spooler: Is there a permanent fix in any Windows 10 update that corrects the issue of the print spooler failing to clear after every print job? It has become very tiresome shutting down the print services and clearing it manually or rebooting before each print job....
  6. Print spooler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print spooler error: When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around resetting the print spooler because windows 10 pro 64b willloose communication with the printers and yes i say printers because this...
  7. Print spooler not working after Windows update

Print spooler not working after Windows update: Since the automatic update on 4th October, no printers work. Re-starting the print spooler works for a short while - I managed to print one page - but the print spooler runs for a few seconds, then stops. I can't even remove a printer to re-install the drivers. Have tried...
  8. Print Spooler crashing after Windows update

Print Spooler crashing after Windows update: A month ago my computer installed a routine Windows Update upon shut down. When I started up the next morning I couldn't print, getting an error saying I needed to install a printer to be able to print. When I clicked on the network printer I wanted to install I got another...
  9. Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is: Hello Everyone~ I feel am not very computer savvy so I hope I am stating all this correctly. I am trying to install to printers to my desktop, with both installs I was receiving the message that the print spooler had stopped working. I went to the MS Community and was...
  10. Print Spooler not clearing after printing

Print Spooler not clearing after printing: My print spooler is not clearing after printing so the next time I try to print something else, it's just printing out the same thing again. Any ideas?...