Windows 10: Print spooler error

Discus and support Print spooler error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matt.b483, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Matt.b483 Win User

Print spooler error

When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around resetting the print spooler because windows 10 pro 64b willloose communication with the printers and yes i say printers because this is a common thing with all 4 brands of printers we have. Hp , cannon, brother, toshiba only 2 are wifi and computers are all hardwired into the network printers range from wifi to usb to ethernet connected. And every windows 10 pc will set the printers to offline and the only way to fix is resetting the print spooler service. I have updated all os's i have latest drivers for all printers. And not every computer will have an issue at the same time even the usb printers will say printer offline but in the device manager it will be listed. So the problem must be with the print spooler service and this annoying problem needs to be fixed because its wasting my time.

:)

Matt.b483, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Reenieuo Win User
    Print Spooler Error 1068

I followed the steps you provided. When I get to the general the spooler status is stopped, when I try to start

and automatic is selected the Error 1068. If I try to update through HP, it stated that the spooler is not running.

Reenieuo, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Print spooler error

Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Print spooler error

1. Print spooler error - Similar Threads - Print spooler error

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. Print spooler error 808

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print spooler error 808: Hi everybody,HELP !I keep getting crashes and then discover Print Spooler Error 808.None of the usual fixes work.I have now found in Event Viewer "click Applications and Services Logs --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Print Service --> Operational"The print spooler failed to load...
  4. Print spooler error 808

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print spooler error 808: Hi everybody,HELP !I keep getting crashes and then discover Print Spooler Error 808.None of the usual fixes work.I have now found in Event Viewer "click Applications and Services Logs --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Print Service --> Operational"The print spooler failed to load...
  5. Print spooler error 808

6. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/2a0c721a-4335-42fb-be1e-1ccf62a244f3
  7. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  8. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  9. Print spooler errors with and will not print documents

Print spooler errors with and will not print documents: The windows 10 print spooler error whenever I attempt to print. The printer has been working for a couple of years. I have reinstalled the printer and run all of the trouble shooters from HP and on Windows. The Event log is displaying the following error, whenever I...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...