Windows 10: Print Spooler is constantly crashing

Discus and support Print Spooler is constantly crashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, Since yesterday a client's PC has constantly had its print spooler constantly terminated unexpectedly with Error Code 7031. When checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cvassallo-pmits, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Print Spooler is constantly crashing

Dear All,

Since yesterday a client's PC has constantly had its print spooler constantly terminated unexpectedly with Error Code 7031.

When checking the event viewer application and system section the below is being found:

Print Spooler is constantly crashing e1a1ca51-5357-4c82-a757-c0ec90630c74?upload=true.jpg

Print Spooler is constantly crashing e31c03ce-348b-4221-bb94-ca52ca98a741?upload=true.jpg

I have also tried to stopped printer spooler service, deleted all files in the below folder and then start the service again however to no availI have .

C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS\

I have also tried the below commands however still to no avail,

1. Open command prompt as administrator
    2. Type – sc stop spooler
    3. Type – del C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS\*.* /s /q
    4. Type – sc start spooler
    5. Type – sc config spooler depend=RPCSS

I appreciate if someone provide a solution as soon as possible.

:)

cvassallo-pmits, Mar 17, 2020
  2. larrymcg Win User

Print Spooler Running Constantly

Win10 v1903 with all updates. HP ENVY 6255 Printer - wireless access from 2 other PCs, wired access from this PC.
    There is a long story about why this PC is connected to the printer via USB rather than wireless. Don't really want to revisit that issue. It's here No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903 Closed 3 weeks ago.

Printer is working fine but today (10/29/19) the spooler (spoolsv.exe) decided to run all the time using 13% of the CPU (maybe other resources too but the CPU use is the biggie). I have stopped and restarted the spooler - no joy. I have rebooted the PC - no joy. I have applied the Reset and Clear Print Spooler (a tutorial on this site) - no joy.

Suggestions what to look for?

-- Larry

- - - Updated - - -

The constantly running print spooler is a pain. I have to stop it and then restart it whenever I want to print. Grrrr.......

larrymcg, Mar 17, 2020
  3. larrymcg Win User

f14tomcat, I finally did what you suggested and it worked! The printer still prints and the print spooler is not acting up. There was no option to uninstall the driver just the option to uninstall the device. But it worked!

Thank you!
    -- Larry

larrymcg, Mar 17, 2020
  4. larrymcg Win User

Print Spooler is constantly crashing

Thanks for the feedback f14tomcat! My usb controllers look like this:

Print Spooler is constantly crashing [​IMG]

I hope that image is readable.

-- Larry

larrymcg, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Print Spooler is constantly crashing

1. Print Spooler is constantly crashing - Similar Threads - Print Spooler constantly

2. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...
  3. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...
  4. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  5. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/2a0c721a-4335-42fb-be1e-1ccf62a244f3
  6. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  7. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  8. Windows 10 Print spooler crashes

Windows 10 Print spooler crashes: Hi, Since I have noticed several question about this and all threads haven been closed... This 'my two cents'... One user claims no longer able to use PDF Creator. It even provokes a 'you should start print spooler first'. When another user uses this same tool on the same...
  9. Print Spooler Running Constantly

Print Spooler Running Constantly: Win10 v1903 with all updates. HP ENVY 6255 Printer - wireless access from 2 other PCs, wired access from this PC. There is a long story about why this PC is connected to the printer via USB rather than wireless. Don't really want to revisit that issue. It's here No printer...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...