Windows 10: Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update

Discus and support Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After this most recent update to fix a spooler issue, I now have a spooler issue. I have gone in and restarted it, only to have it turn itself off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cliff-FLL, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Cliff-FLL Win User

Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update

After this most recent update to fix a spooler issue, I now have a spooler issue. I have gone in and restarted it, only to have it turn itself off after 2 tries. I've cleared all of the temp printer files (C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS), which didn't help at all. I reset the print spooler so that it always restarted no matter how many times it stopped itself and this led to many partial copies of the same document as the spooler turned itself on and off. This update caused this to happen to all the computers and printers in the house. Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

Cliff-FLL, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Issue after installation with print spooler

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps given below and check if that helps.

Note: All the steps mentioned below holds good for windows 10 as well.

If print spooler keeps stopping in Windows 8.1,
    I would suggest to follow the steps given below.

• If the print spooler is not responding to your print commands and print is not happening when printer is fine physically (No paper jam or any error indications on printer hardware). These methods will help
      to clear the pending print jobs (print queue) and hanging spooler service.

• Clear the print spooler files where the Operating Systems store printing jobs temporarily, deleting these file will allow the print spooler to start freshly and run smoothly next time.

• Go to C -> Windows -> System32 -> Spool -> Printers and delete all files inside this folder. This is the location OS keeps the printing jobs before sending
      to printers. Once you delete these files, print queue will be cleared. The same location is applicable for latest Windows 8 and 8.1 too.
    If the problem persists, follow the steps given below.

• Go to services under Computer Management.

• Double click Print Spooler service and go to
      Recovery tab. Here we can set what that service should do when it fails.

• Select ‘Restart the Service’ in Subsequent Failures field. So, it will try restarting print spooler service whenever it fails.

• Go to ‘Dependencies’
      tab and make sure all depending services are started. Luckily, only one dependency service for print spooler service which is
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.

• Check the RPC service in services and make sure it’s already started.
    If the issue still persists, the last step would be to check for the printer drivers. If the printer drivers are not installed properly, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Delete all unwanted printers from your computer.

• Make sure all printers are installed with proper drivers.
    Additional Information:

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will
    help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update

print spooler

Hi harley707. I'm here to help.

Try these steps. (I will leave a link to the video I found these steps in at the bottom of this reply. The website is not a Microsoft website.)

1. Right-click the lower left corner of the computer screen to open the menu.

2. Click Search and type "services" and press "View local services".

3. Scroll down the list until you find "Print Spooler".

4. Right click "Print Spooler" and press Restart.

The Print Spooler will restart.

If your printer spooler will not restart, you might have to restart your computer.

Link:

Thanks.

Microtech301, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update

1. Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Issue

2. Print Spooler issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler issue: Hello Since currently the printer spooler issue went worse, sometime it even doesn't print after I stop and start the service There are numbers of PrintDemon CVE-2020-1048, PrintNightmareCVE-2021-34527 so on, how can I address which one the one my system Can these...
  3. Print Spooler issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler issue: Hello Since currently the printer spooler issue went worse, sometime it even doesn't print after I stop and start the service There are numbers of PrintDemon CVE-2020-1048, PrintNightmareCVE-2021-34527 so on, how can I address which one the one my system Can these...
  4. print spooler issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler issue: Hi, We have Been Facing print spooler issue for the past 6month. we are using zebra and Sato printers. using driver Zebra zebradesigner-v250-9420.While running continuously spooler stops automatically and then we are manually restarting the services . Then the issue is fixed...
  5. Print Spooler issue

Print Spooler issue: Good evening, I recently encountered an issue regarding print spooler. When I tried to print from excel, it states that I could not print due to printer spool is not running. After which, I manually started the print spooler by going into services and enable the print...
  6. Print spooler not working after Windows update

Print spooler not working after Windows update: Since the automatic update on 4th October, no printers work. Re-starting the print spooler works for a short while - I managed to print one page - but the print spooler runs for a few seconds, then stops. I can't even remove a printer to re-install the drivers. Have tried...
  7. Print Spooler crashing after Windows update

Print Spooler crashing after Windows update: A month ago my computer installed a routine Windows Update upon shut down. When I started up the next morning I couldn't print, getting an error saying I needed to install a printer to be able to print. When I clicked on the network printer I wanted to install I got another...
  8. Print spooler issue with Wnidows 10 1709

Print spooler issue with Wnidows 10 1709: Hi, We are currently facing a very weird issue with printing. Printer Model : HP laserjet M427fdn and Laserjet 128fn. Windows OS : Windows 10 Pro 1709 or lower (Preloaded) Laptop Model : HP 240 series Earlier everything was fine with printing through same systems and same...
  9. Print Spooler not clearing after printing

Print Spooler not clearing after printing: My print spooler is not clearing after printing so the next time I try to print something else, it's just printing out the same thing again. Any ideas?...
  10. Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?

Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?: I have what may be a print spooler or print queue problem. I have two network printers connected, a HP Lazerjet pro 400 (M401dne) and a HP Officejet Pro 8610. I am unable to print on the 8610 by sending documents to the printer. I can print an internal (?) test page using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10/4 windows update printer spooler issue