Windows 10: print spooler issue

Discus and support print spooler issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, We have Been Facing print spooler issue for the past 6month. we are using zebra and Sato printers. using driver Zebra zebradesigner-v250-9420.While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vijayan.P, Aug 28, 2021.

1. vijayan.P Win User

print spooler issue

Hi, We have Been Facing print spooler issue for the past 6month. we are using zebra and Sato printers. using driver Zebra zebradesigner-v250-9420.While running continuously spooler stops automatically and then we are manually restarting the services . Then the issue is fixed temp. Again we are the facing the same after couple of hours. Kindly provide an Idea or information what should I update on Thanks Vijayan,P

:)

vijayan.P, Aug 28, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Aug 28, 2021
  3. Issue after installation with print spooler

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps given below and check if that helps.

Note: All the steps mentioned below holds good for windows 10 as well.

If print spooler keeps stopping in Windows 8.1,
    I would suggest to follow the steps given below.

• If the print spooler is not responding to your print commands and print is not happening when printer is fine physically (No paper jam or any error indications on printer hardware). These methods will help
      to clear the pending print jobs (print queue) and hanging spooler service.

• Clear the print spooler files where the Operating Systems store printing jobs temporarily, deleting these file will allow the print spooler to start freshly and run smoothly next time.

• Go to C -> Windows -> System32 -> Spool -> Printers and delete all files inside this folder. This is the location OS keeps the printing jobs before sending
      to printers. Once you delete these files, print queue will be cleared. The same location is applicable for latest Windows 8 and 8.1 too.
    If the problem persists, follow the steps given below.

• Go to services under Computer Management.

• Double click Print Spooler service and go to
      Recovery tab. Here we can set what that service should do when it fails.

• Select ‘Restart the Service’ in Subsequent Failures field. So, it will try restarting print spooler service whenever it fails.

• Go to ‘Dependencies’
      tab and make sure all depending services are started. Luckily, only one dependency service for print spooler service which is
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.

• Check the RPC service in services and make sure it’s already started.
    If the issue still persists, the last step would be to check for the printer drivers. If the printer drivers are not installed properly, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Delete all unwanted printers from your computer.

• Make sure all printers are installed with proper drivers.
    Additional Information:

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Note: The above article will
    help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 28, 2021
  4. print spooler issue

Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

print spooler issue

1. print spooler issue - Similar Threads - print spooler issue

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. Print Spooler issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler issue: Hello Since currently the printer spooler issue went worse, sometime it even doesn't print after I stop and start the service There are numbers of PrintDemon CVE-2020-1048, PrintNightmareCVE-2021-34527 so on, how can I address which one the one my system Can these...
  4. Print Spooler issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler issue: Hello Since currently the printer spooler issue went worse, sometime it even doesn't print after I stop and start the service There are numbers of PrintDemon CVE-2020-1048, PrintNightmareCVE-2021-34527 so on, how can I address which one the one my system Can these...
  5. Print Spooler Issues - KB5003637/KB5004476

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print Spooler Issues - KB5003637/KB5004476: I am seeing print spooler issues for 20H2/21H1 with the June updates. The Spooler has been crashing on a bunch of computers. Restarting will sometimes bring it back online, or just restarting the service. Uninstalling the updates seems to be immediately fix it. This has come...
  6. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  7. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  8. Print Spooler issue

Print Spooler issue: Good evening, I recently encountered an issue regarding print spooler. When I tried to print from excel, it states that I could not print due to printer spool is not running. After which, I manually started the print spooler by going into services and enable the print...
  9. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...
  10. Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?

Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?: I have what may be a print spooler or print queue problem. I have two network printers connected, a HP Lazerjet pro 400 (M401dne) and a HP Officejet Pro 8610. I am unable to print on the 8610 by sending documents to the printer. I can print an internal (?) test page using...