Windows 10: print spooler not starting on windows 10

Discus and support print spooler not starting on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It started with Microsoft PDF was not working due to 0x800706ba error (win 10). I found several options, one of them is to remove and re-install. Hoped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BharanidharanThamizhchelv, Feb 15, 2019.

1. print spooler not starting on windows 10

It started with Microsoft PDF was not working due to 0x800706ba error (win 10). I found several options, one of them is to remove and re-install. Hoped that will be the end of it. After removing it, could not reinstall it, so followed another post to check on print spooler, it was not starting even though it is set up to be automatic and all the dependencies running.

Found another post stating to fix the registry.solution 3 on this.

https://windowsreport.com/print-spooler-service-windows-10/

I haven't tried this yet as the trouble getting deeper and deeper. One of the things mentioned in the post is to backup the registry. Got no clue on that.

If anyone got a fix on this, please let me know. or let me know how to take a back up of the registry and I will go forward with the above solution from the weblink.

:)

BharanidharanThamizhchelv, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

print spooler not starting on windows 10

Print spooler wont start- error 0x800706b9

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with starting print spooler service and receive error code
    0x800706b9. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the printer?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect printer settings.

2. Printer services are corrupt or not started.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and run Printer troubleshooter. Check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow these steps and check it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, type
      services.msc in run window and press Enter.

• In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

• In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

• C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

• Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

• Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

• Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

• Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

print spooler not starting on windows 10

1. print spooler not starting on windows 10 - Similar Threads - print spooler starting

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  5. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

6. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/2a0c721a-4335-42fb-be1e-1ccf62a244f3
  7. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  8. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  9. Windows 10 print spooler

Windows 10 print spooler: Is there a permanent fix in any Windows 10 update that corrects the issue of the print spooler failing to clear after every print job? It has become very tiresome shutting down the print services and clearing it manually or rebooting before each print job....
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...