Windows 10: Print Spooler Problems

Discus and support Print Spooler Problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The print spooler keeps crashing. If I try to print I get the error 0x00006ba. This happens with the locally installed printer or any of the shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JenrG, Feb 13, 2019.

1. JenrG Win User

Print Spooler Problems

The print spooler keeps crashing. If I try to print I get the error 0x00006ba. This happens with the locally installed printer or any of the shared printers on the network.

I have stopped and restarted the spooler, verified that there are not print files waiting to be spooled, set the spooler to auto-restart.

I deleted the local printer and tried to reinstall the driver but Windows says it can't find a driver. If I tell Windows to search for a printer, it cannot find one.

Nothing works.

This all happened because I've had long standing issues with Outlook 2016. When I discovered the error message that "Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data." I found a post here that suggested KB0422715 and that uninstalling it would solve the outlook problem.

After uninstalling the security update KB0422715 per the post's suggestion, I started getting the printing problems.

I have tried doing a system restore, but get a separate error saying that the restore failed "source: appxstaging, destinaton: %programfiles%\WindowsApps An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070091).

:)

JenrG, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Feb 13, 2019
  3. print spooler

Hi harley707. I'm here to help.

Try these steps. (I will leave a link to the video I found these steps in at the bottom of this reply. The website is not a Microsoft website.)

1. Right-click the lower left corner of the computer screen to open the menu.

2. Click Search and type "services" and press "View local services".

3. Scroll down the list until you find "Print Spooler".

4. Right click "Print Spooler" and press Restart.

The Print Spooler will restart.

If your printer spooler will not restart, you might have to restart your computer.

Link:

Thanks.

Microtech301, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Print Spooler Problems

Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Print Spooler Problems

1. Print Spooler Problems - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Problems

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  4. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/2a0c721a-4335-42fb-be1e-1ccf62a244f3
  5. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  6. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  7. Print spooler

Print spooler: I cannot print from my laptop over the wireless network. I have not had a problem until recently. I have set a new port for the printer, but when asked to print the job is sent to the spooler, and nothing happens. Then the document is deleted from the spooler. I can...
  8. Problem with print spooler

Problem with print spooler: I have an HP Officejet 8720 and run Windows 10. I met this problem with a print spooler after two last Windows updates. It keeps filling and occasionally takes up over 2GB in the Task Manager. I don’t print so much so it is an issue that I need to fix. I tried to delete and...
  9. print spooler

print spooler: after each update you make mess in my PC or lets say ...no printer works always say that print spooler does not work than I go to services and found print spooler, open it and press START.... in about 10 sec. just by it self jumps in STOPPED --or let say simples , he...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. support for spooler problems