Windows 10: Print Spooler Restart

Discus and support Print Spooler Restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to install a printer. During the setup the installer stops the Print Spooler service and when it goes to restart the service, the service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dhcardin, Jan 21, 2019.

1. dhcardin Win User

Print Spooler Restart

I am trying to install a printer. During the setup the installer stops the Print Spooler service and when it goes to restart the service, the service gets stuck on starting. When I cancel the installation the service goes back to operating normally... I've had the printer installed before and it worked fine, but it just decided on Friday morning to stop working and one of the fixes I tried was to remove the printer to try and reinstall it and now I'm stuck. Why would this be happening and how can I fix it?

:)

dhcardin, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Akumos Win User

Script to restart print spooler

Hi

I'm trying to get a script to restart the print spooler on a server from a slient so I don't have to remote in and restart it manually each time. Is this possible?

I have the restart code, just need to point it to a server.

Code: @echo off net stop spooler net start spooler exit[/quote] Any ideas?

Thanks

Akumos, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Print Spooler Restart

print spooler

Hi harley707. I'm here to help.

Try these steps. (I will leave a link to the video I found these steps in at the bottom of this reply. The website is not a Microsoft website.)

1. Right-click the lower left corner of the computer screen to open the menu.

2. Click Search and type "services" and press "View local services".

3. Scroll down the list until you find "Print Spooler".

4. Right click "Print Spooler" and press Restart.

The Print Spooler will restart.

If your printer spooler will not restart, you might have to restart your computer.

Link:

Thanks.

Microtech301, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Print Spooler Restart

1. Print Spooler Restart - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Restart

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  4. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/2a0c721a-4335-42fb-be1e-1ccf62a244f3
  5. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  6. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  7. print spooler

print spooler: I am having trouble printing from pdf files, it keeps saying that the spooler is at fault. I have stopped and started the spooler. I have put the spooler to automatic too. I have also tried to delete the print queue but it says that the system drivers for the spool cannot be...
  8. Print spooler

Print spooler: I cannot print from my laptop over the wireless network. I have not had a problem until recently. I have set a new port for the printer, but when asked to print the job is sent to the spooler, and nothing happens. Then the document is deleted from the spooler. I can...
  9. print spooler

print spooler: after each update you make mess in my PC or lets say ...no printer works always say that print spooler does not work than I go to services and found print spooler, open it and press START.... in about 10 sec. just by it self jumps in STOPPED --or let say simples , he...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart print spooler remote