Windows 10: Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start

Discus and support Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service in the Windows operating system is responsible for managing all print jobs and handles interaction with the printer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 22, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start

WinClub, Nov 22, 2018

2. Print Spooler Can't Start - Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

I am having the same issue with a Canon MG3100 Pixma printer. I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I had not tried to print until several days after the upgrade. Here is the message:

Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

I have tried removing the device and reinstalling using the original installation CD.But during Step 2 (Installation), I get the following message:

MP Drivers

Processing cannot be continued because the Windows Print Spooler service has been stopped. Start the Print Spooler service and then try again.

Trying the spooler service manual start via command prompt route accomplished nothing.

Nothing has worked. The latest attempt to print a .pdf document, I get an Acrobat Reader message - Before you can print you must install a printer.

Can someone please help, Murphy's Law is striking, I have an important presentation due soon and I need to be able to see batch information in print view (hardcopy) to then refine my presentation from that data.

Kind thanks!

KennethYoung_939, Nov 22, 2018
  3. print spooler not working in Windows 10

print spooler is listed but will not start

error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start

Diane901pp, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start

error 1068: Printer Spooler service not working/starting

Hi,

A workaround is to remove "http" from the list of Dependencies for Spooler.

(From Fix Spooler Service Error 1068)

From an elevated Command Prompt, type:

SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS

There is a space after the equal-to sign. Spooler should start now.

But the other issue why http driver doesn't start, needs troubleshooting.

In the Admin command prompt window, type:

NET START HTTP

Post back the error. (It's probably code 31 again.)

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start

1. Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Service

2. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  3. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  4. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. “the dependency service or group failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “the dependency service or group failed to start: Hello Microsoft , I dont know but my internt no working so when i checked about that so i found That This is Error 1068“the dependency service or group failed to start" so When i see the solutiion of this error on support microsoft so at that place there is a file for...
  6. “the dependency service or group failed to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “the dependency service or group failed to start: Hello Microsoft , I dont know but my internt no working so when i checked about that so i found That This is Error 1068“the dependency service or group failed to start" so When i see the solutiion of this error on support microsoft so at that place there is a file for...
  7. “the dependency service or group failed to start

8. 1068 Error Service Dependency Fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1068 Error Service Dependency Fail: I have a brand new 1 day old HP Pavilion x360. While installing Eset internet security the 1068 error code comes up with ESETs header. I called the US number that comes up under the error code. They remoted into my computer and found that my operating version is high...
  9. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start: I have an Samsung 850 EVO installed, it lets Windows do the optimization. In doing so the indexing service was disabled. But now I can't get the Streaming service to start. I get the 1068 error when trying to start it. 80118
  10. Dependency service or group failed to start

Dependency service or group failed to start: Hello, last night I upgraded to win 10 home from win 7. However, I noticed that I was unable to use the Start Menu Search function or open the start menu and found out I was only connected to my Local Area Connection (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller), and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 1068 dependency service failed to start print spooler

2. what dependancies should be in the spooler service

3. error 1068 dependency service print spooler

4. CANON URF SERVICE DEPENDCY WINDOWS SERVICES,
  5. print spooler error 1068 dependency service