Windows 10: "Print Spooler service isn't running"

Discus and support "Print Spooler service isn't running" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason, my printer doesn't show up in applications such as Microsoft Word or Libre Office, although I'm sure that it's connected properly to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xPrinceShayjayx, Oct 23, 2015.

1. "Print Spooler service isn't running"

For some reason, my printer doesn't show up in applications such as Microsoft Word or Libre Office, although I'm sure that it's connected properly to the computer because it still lets me scan documents. When I troubleshoot the printer, I get this error message: "The Print Spooler service isn't running".

"Print Spooler service isn't running" [​IMG]

What should I do?

:)

xPrinceShayjayx, Oct 23, 2015

2. After loading Microsoft 10 I lost the ability to use my printer, Epson 1100

After trying everything including reinstallation of my printer, I keep getting the messages, "No printer installed", "Active directory domain services is currently not available", and "Print spooler service isn't running". How can I restore printing ability
    to my system?

DavidRogersXQ, Oct 23, 2015
  3. eVollo Win User
    Windows 10 and print spooler problums

I have a similar problem after upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Cannot start the print spooler. Have delete all files in the print spooler. Have run the troubleshooter. Have disabled antivirus. Same problem whether print spooler is set to
    automatic or manual. Error: "Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. Errror 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

eVollo, Oct 23, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

"Print Spooler service isn't running"

Print spooler is a service that is supposed to load automatically. To see it, right-click at This PC and select Manage. Then click on Services and find the Print spooler. It should be automatic and running. If it is not running try to start it. If it is not set to automatic, set it. Post again with any error messages to help. Also tell us the model of your printer. If it is an HP, you can download and run Printer and scanner Doctor which attempts to identify the problem and fix it.

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Thanks so much for the reply! When I checked services.msc, I found that print spooler was set to automatic. However, when I tried to start the service, I got this error:

I right clicked the service and opened up "properties" and checked the dependencies, and this is what I got:

I checked services.msc to see the status of all those services, and I saw that all of them were set on "automatic" and were running, except for "HTTP Service". For some reason, I coudn't find that under services.msc:

What should I do from here? Is there anyway to enable the "HTTP Service"? Also, I recently installed Apache on my computer and made some changes to HTTP settings and whatnot, does that have to do with anything?

xPrinceShayjayx, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Also, my printer is a Brother MFC-240c

7. spapakons Win User
    The only service containing HTTP in the description, is WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service, but I am not sure if this is it. In my installation it is set to manual and running. Try setting that to auto and start it if not running. Try downloading latest printer drivers from Brother and see if that fixes the problem.

Also press Win+R to open a Run dialog and execute

sfc /scannow

to fix any system file errors.

spapakons, Oct 24, 2015
  8. "Print Spooler service isn't running"

WinHTTP is set to manual and running for me as well. I restarted it, and then tried to start the print spooler service again, but no luck (same "dependency" error). As for drivers from Brother, I ran the firmware updater for Windows 10 from here, but it said that it didn't detect the printer (which is weird, because my computer is definitely connected to my printer, it lets me scan images). I also ran sfc /scannow from run.exe, but it didn't say anything, I didn't get any error messages, confirmations, nothing...

What should I do?

9. spapakons Win User
    Try to extract the driver files in a folder and then manually update/install your printer from Device Manager by browsing to the folder. Another thing to try is to disconnect the printer, uninstall the software and then have a look at Device Manager. Click View->Show hidden devices and then look in Printers and Print queue for any reference to the printer/scanner. Delete any found. Make sure the printer in nowhere in Device Manager and also in Devices and printers. Reboot the computer, install the software again and connect the printer when prompted.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Print Spooler service isn't running"

1. "Print Spooler service isn't running" - Similar Threads - Print Spooler service

2. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Print Spooler service isn't running and isn't starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler service isn't running and isn't starting automatically: I get an error and when I trouble shoot is just says print spooler service isn't running and isn't starting automatically but yet when I go to services it looks like everything is ok but still wont print...
  6. Print Spooler service isn't running and isn't starting automatically

Print Spooler service isn't running and isn't starting automatically: I get an error and when I trouble shoot is just says print spooler service isn't running and isn't starting automatically but yet when I go to services it looks like everything is ok but still wont print...
  7. Local print spooler service is not running

Local print spooler service is not running: I have an error message when printing, and this only started since the last Windows 10 update a few days ago. It says "The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." I have stopped, then restarted the spooler. I have...
  8. Print Spooler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Spooler not running: The Print spooler service can not run. It comes up with an error 193. All dependancie services are running. When I look in the Event Viewer I see a message that says "This version of Spooler is not compatible with the version of windows your running" Is there a way to...
  9. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...
  10. The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service is responsible for managing print jobs which are in turn meant for the printer to handle. If this service ceases to work, the printer won’t print documents and it might be that the system won’t detect [...] This post The Print Spooler...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the local print spooler service isnt running

2. printer spooler service isnt running

3. print spooler service ismt starting automatically