Windows 10: Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

Discus and support Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Has anyone gotten a solution for this problem? I've tried everything in the threads including upgrading with the latest fix to Windows 11. Nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Allen Steele, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

Has anyone gotten a solution for this problem? I've tried everything in the threads including upgrading with the latest fix to Windows 11. Nothing has worked.

:)

Allen Steele, Jun 7, 2023
  2. iDaRap Win User

Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

To be more specific...

Now the Print Spooler sometimes stayed running. (After a restart, I may have to Start the Service bcos it didn't get started)

During installation of print driver full package, Print Spooler stayed in Running mode...

Until a point it gave message : End Point Mapper cannot find the Endpoint Device...Then I noticed the Print Spooler stops.

iDaRap, Jun 7, 2023
  3. TykeGuy Win User

We have exactly the same problem.

We’ve been through all the steps proposed on the various postings on this problem, even down to completely reinstalling Windows 11 using the downloadable media creation tool (retaining files and apps). We’ve still got the problem. Manually restarting the print spooler can occasionally allow a test page to print, but the next attempt fails and the Services app shows the print spooler has stopped again.

Help, please.

TykeGuy, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

Windows 10 print spooler will not stay running

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try steps check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type services.mscand press
      Enter.
    • Find Print Spooler service and double-click.
    • Make sure Print Spooler's
      Startup
      type set to Automatic.
    • The Service status of the Print Spooler should be
      Running.
    • If not, can you "Start" the Print Spooler service.

If issue persists try to remove spooled print job that could causing this problem.

1. Go to location c:\<windows directory>\system32\spool\printers

2. Delete files with extensions of ".spl" or ".shd" from the Spool location while the Print Spooler is stopped.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Service

2. Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient: Hi All,We are currently having an issue with the windows print spooler which we can't get our heads around. It is affecting both Windows 10 and 11 machines.The print spooler keeps crashing and won't stay running for long, we believe that this is due to us installing...
  3. Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient: Hi All,We are currently having an issue with the windows print spooler which we can't get our heads around. It is affecting both Windows 10 and 11 machines.The print spooler keeps crashing and won't stay running for long, we believe that this is due to us installing...
  4. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Has anyone gotten a solution for this problem? I've tried everything in the threads including upgrading with the latest fix to Windows 11. Nothing has worked....
  5. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  6. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  7. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Is there a fix for the Windows 11 Print Spooler Service that I can't get to run? It was working fine until last Tuesday - then no printing. I've removed the printers, uninstalled/reinstalled the software, updated everything. Gone through the suggested steps but problem isn't...
  9. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Is there a fix for the Windows 11 Print Spooler Service that I can't get to run? It was working fine until last Tuesday - then no printing. I've removed the printers, uninstalled/reinstalled the software, updated everything. Gone through the suggested steps but problem isn't...
  10. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...