Windows 10: Print spooler won't stay automatic start

Discus and support Print spooler won't stay automatic start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the last Windows update my print spooler is not working, therefore unable to print adobe documents. Tried reinstalling the HP Office Jet 4652 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brenda J.Martin, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Print spooler won't stay automatic start

After the last Windows update my print spooler is not working, therefore unable to print adobe documents. Tried reinstalling the HP Office Jet 4652 but only worked for 1 day as the default printer and now states install a printer. I am a novice so the regedit is scary. Is there another way?

:)

Brenda J.Martin, Jul 3, 2019

2. Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Print spooler

Hi Marty,

To assist with your concern, follow the steps provided below on how to enable Print Spooler under Services:

• Click "Start".
    • Type "Services.msc".
    • Double-click "Print Spooler" in the Services list.
    • Startup Type must be set to "Automatic".
    • If the Service Status was "Stop", click "Start" then "Apply" and click "Ok.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Print spooler won't stay automatic start

Windows 10 print spooler will not stay running

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try steps check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type services.mscand press
      Enter.
    • Find Print Spooler service and double-click.
    • Make sure Print Spooler's
      Startup
      type set to Automatic.
    • The Service status of the Print Spooler should be
      Running.
    • If not, can you "Start" the Print Spooler service.

If issue persists try to remove spooled print job that could causing this problem.

1. Go to location c:\<windows directory>\system32\spool\printers

2. Delete files with extensions of ".spl" or ".shd" from the Spool location while the Print Spooler is stopped.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Print spooler won't stay automatic start

1. Print spooler won't stay automatic start - Similar Threads - Print spooler won't

2. Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient: Hi All,We are currently having an issue with the windows print spooler which we can't get our heads around. It is affecting both Windows 10 and 11 machines.The print spooler keeps crashing and won't stay running for long, we believe that this is due to us installing...
  3. Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Print Spooler Won't Stay Running - FortiClient: Hi All,We are currently having an issue with the windows print spooler which we can't get our heads around. It is affecting both Windows 10 and 11 machines.The print spooler keeps crashing and won't stay running for long, we believe that this is due to us installing...
  4. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Has anyone gotten a solution for this problem? I've tried everything in the threads including upgrading with the latest fix to Windows 11. Nothing has worked....
  5. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Has anyone gotten a solution for this problem? I've tried everything in the threads including upgrading with the latest fix to Windows 11. Nothing has worked....
  6. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  7. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  8. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Is there a fix for the Windows 11 Print Spooler Service that I can't get to run? It was working fine until last Tuesday - then no printing. I've removed the printers, uninstalled/reinstalled the software, updated everything. Gone through the suggested steps but problem isn't...
  10. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Is there a fix for the Windows 11 Print Spooler Service that I can't get to run? It was working fine until last Tuesday - then no printing. I've removed the printers, uninstalled/reinstalled the software, updated everything. Gone through the suggested steps but problem isn't...