Windows 10: Print Spooler

Discus and support Print Spooler in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve Einhorn, May 4, 2021.

1. Print Spooler

we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled.

:)

Steve Einhorn, May 4, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, May 4, 2021
  3. Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2021
  4. Print Spooler

print spooler

Hi harley707. I'm here to help.

Try these steps. (I will leave a link to the video I found these steps in at the bottom of this reply. The website is not a Microsoft website.)

1. Right-click the lower left corner of the computer screen to open the menu.

2. Click Search and type "services" and press "View local services".

3. Scroll down the list until you find "Print Spooler".

4. Right click "Print Spooler" and press Restart.

The Print Spooler will restart.

If your printer spooler will not restart, you might have to restart your computer.

Link:

Thanks.

Microtech301, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Print Spooler

1. Print Spooler - Similar Threads - Print Spooler

2. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  3. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  4. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.: I have been having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day. After being very frustrated with this happening I started checking the Print Spooler status after every program I was running and have noticed that it is stopped after playing Simple Word Search that...
  6. Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.

Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.: I have been having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day. After being very frustrated with this happening I started checking the Print Spooler status after every program I was running and have noticed that it is stopped after playing Simple Word Search that...
  7. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...
  8. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...
  9. windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers: New Windows 11 install. No printers installed yet. Cannot install a printer because when I try to the print spooler immediately crashes. I've run DISM and SFC repair tools to no avail.It would be nice to be able to print, is there an alternative print spooler I can use or a...
  10. windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers

windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers: New Windows 11 install. No printers installed yet. Cannot install a printer because when I try to the print spooler immediately crashes. I've run DISM and SFC repair tools to no avail.It would be nice to be able to print, is there an alternative print spooler I can use or a...