Windows 10: Print the character at break-code instead of make-code

Discus and support Print the character at break-code instead of make-code in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I am developing a custom keyboard and what I need is that in the individual key mode (or the base mode, when no modifier key is used) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VIKAS_MITTAL, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Print the character at break-code instead of make-code

Hi there,

I am developing a custom keyboard and what I need is that in the individual key mode (or the base mode, when no modifier key is used) the characters are printed when break-code (key release) is received and NOT when the make-code (key press) is received as it usually happens.

It is the same behaviour as the Windows key, which pops up the options when the Windows key is released.

This also means that for this to happen the repeat delay and repeat rate has to be of no significance in the individual key mode.

Also I want this behaviour of character keys only if a particular language/script/layout is selected, while not in other language/script/layouts.

Please suggest.

This is a very important requirement for me in the keyboard driver design.

Thanks very much.

Vikas

:)

VIKAS_MITTAL, Jan 16, 2019

2. ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

I find it easier to just press the key with 1 on it, instead of Alt+(numpad)49 *Wink

Thanks for posting the information and the portable doc.

Every Windows has Charmap in Start | Windows Accessories. It's great if you need a one time character, but not as convenient as learning the few often typed characters such as the ones Dick mentioned.

If you want to go further with characters, beyond this thread then you should take a peek at Charmap

Print the character at break-code instead of make-code [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jan 16, 2019
  3. fg1926 Win User
    38-character "product code"

I ran the troubleshooter for uninstalling a program that isn't listed in Windows 10 apps list that is described at http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

The troubleshooter asks for a 38-character product code.

To find the code, I tried running this command in a command prompt and an administrative command prompt:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product

That was not recognized as a command. Next, in Powershell, I ran
    Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product. I got a list of installed apps with 38-character codes, but the one that I want to uninstall was not on the list.

What should I try next?

fg1926, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Print the character at break-code instead of make-code

Little Alt Code Utility

I had originally thought of including all of the characters with accents and a lot of other special punctuation, but I was trying to keep the GUI small.
    The intent of this app was for quick characters when forum posting and not a comprehensive list of all the possible alt codes.
    I will give it some thought. Maybe a settings option so the GUI only displays the character sets that you need/want.

Kreij, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Print the character at break-code instead of make-code

1. Print the character at break-code instead of make-code - Similar Threads - Print character break

2. 38 character product code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    38 character product code: I ran a troubleshooter for uninstalling a windows update that would not uninstall and it is asking me for a 38 character product code and I dont know where to find that code...
  3. 38 character product code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    38 character product code: I ran a troubleshooter for uninstalling a windows update that would not uninstall and it is asking me for a 38 character product code and I dont know where to find that code...
  4. 0x** character codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x** character codes: In 'Character Map' some Unicodes begin with 0x but inputting these values with the 'Alt + X' key combination results in something else entirely. How do I enter these characters/symbols codes with the keyboard? I have no issue with any other codes that don't begin with"0x."...
  5. 0x** character codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x** character codes: In 'Character Map' some Unicodes begin with 0x but inputting these values with the 'Alt + X' key combination results in something else entirely. How do I enter these characters/symbols codes with the keyboard? I have no issue with any other codes that don't begin with"0x."...
  6. ASCII codes in Character Map

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII codes in Character Map: Hello, I am looking for a way to show the ASCII codes of all characters that have one in the Character Map in Windows 10 Pro as used to be the case in older versions, in such a way that when I wish to insert a special character in another application I can easily check what...
  7. Alt code results in wrong character

Alt code results in wrong character: I tried Alt 236 and it is supposed to be ∞ but i got ý. And Alt 0253 is ý too. Anyone know how to fix this? i use Unicode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-code-results-in-wrong-character/ffa472d8-2266-4d92-8947-2432bbb4efd3
  8. Print characters from ASCII code in CLI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print characters from ASCII code in CLI: From the command line, is there a way to ECHO a character based on an ASCII code? And vice versa, display the numerical ASCII code of a character? submitted by /u/the-guz [link] [comments]...
  9. ASCII code needed for this character: ϖ

ASCII code needed for this character: ϖ: TWiMC: I am desperately looking for the ascii code to produce the following text character » ϖ MANY THANKS for your help!! __ Nikki Grace Holmes https:// reaganator . com Zero relation to California's ex-governor....
  10. Alt codes for special characters not working

Alt codes for special characters not working: I have a new Lenovo Yoga 530 with Windows 10. My keyboard doesn't have a numpad on the right hand side. Alt codes for special characters are not working in document apps or any other text input area in a web browser etc. I have done the following but it hasn't worked: 1....