Windows 10: Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW

Discus and support Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother HL-2270DW. The Print to file box is not selected, yet every time I print I get the Print to File save window. I've tried selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ztruker, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW

I have a Brother HL-2270DW. The Print to file box is not selected, yet every time I print I get the Print to File save window.

I've tried selecting Print to file, printing, then un-selecting and printing, no help.

Tried printing to another Brother printer which does not have the problem then printing to the laser, still same problem.

I'll have uninstall and reinstall the drive next but I hate doing that as I have the same printer setup as two devices, one for Duplex, one not and I always have to figure out how I did it last time. When I get it working this time I'll write it down so the next time will be easier.

I'll wait a bit in case anyone has a suggestion. This was working fine night before last. I'm suspecting an update as the cause. Maybe I'll check and roll back if one was applied recently.

:)

Ztruker, Sep 6, 2019
  2. teutzie Win User

my Brother HL 2270DW is default but status is offline though plugged in and troubleshooter found not problem.

My Brother HL 2270dw is default but persistently "offline status" though the trouble shooter finds nothing wrong. The printer is not accessible to print though our HL 2370 does print for me. This was not a problem until I got my new computer (DELL inspiron15
    3000) with windows 10 on it.

Suggestions?

teutzie, Sep 6, 2019
  3. GaryLBoy Win User
    I am unable to print wirelessly to my Brother HL-2270DW printer

Since updating Windows 10, I am unable to print wirelessly to my Brother HL-2270DW printer. It works fine if I connect it with a cord. What do I need to do to print wireless?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Original title/subject: Windows Update

GaryLBoy, Sep 6, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

my Brother HL 2270DW is default but status is offline though plugged in and troubleshooter found not problem.

Download the complete driver package from the Brother support site. Uninstall the printer in Device Manager, then reinstall
    using the downloaded driver.

JimWynne, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW - Similar Threads - Print file active

2. Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220: Just installed my new printer and I can't access the preferences and settings for it without switching the Microsoft IPP driver to the Brother print driver, however if I change the driver setting it gives me an error and fails to print....
  3. Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220: Just installed my new printer and I can't access the preferences and settings for it without switching the Microsoft IPP driver to the Brother print driver, however if I change the driver setting it gives me an error and fails to print....
  4. Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print: I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but...
  6. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print: I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but...
  7. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

8. Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW

in Windows 10 Support
    Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW: I have a Brother HL-2270DW. The Print to file box is not selected, yet every time I print I get the Print to File save window. I've tried selecting Print to file, printing, then un-selecting and printing, no help. Tried printing to another Brother printer which does not...
  9. my Brother HL 2270DW is default but status is offline though plugged in and troubleshooter...

my Brother HL 2270DW is default but status is offline though plugged in and troubleshooter...: My Brother HL 2270dw is default but persistently "offline status" though the trouble shooter finds nothing wrong. The printer is not accessible to print though our HL 2370 does print for me. This was not a problem until I got my new computer (DELL inspiron15 3000) with...
  10. Brother HL-3180CDW

Brother HL-3180CDW: Windows defender blocks my scans, cant save them or email. it worked fine when we had windows 7. Updated to windows 10 windows version 1803 (OS build 1734.228). Only need this feature about once a year. That's why now. PS: try windows scan and fax it worked but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print to file windows 10 even when not selected