Windows 10: "Print to PDF" in paersonal Documents/Pictures Folder - Failure

Discus and support "Print to PDF" in paersonal Documents/Pictures Folder - Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few days ago, I updated to v1809. I have since installed updates as well. The issue is that any attempt to use the Microsoft Office 365 feature of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jim.Low, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Jim.Low Win User

"Print to PDF" in paersonal Documents/Pictures Folder - Failure

A few days ago, I updated to v1809. I have since installed updates as well.

The issue is that any attempt to use the Microsoft Office 365 feature of "Microsoft Print to PDF" from Edge, or to save an image from the Snippet Tool causes the following error:

"Print to PDF" in paersonal Documents/Pictures Folder - Failure 876cb9c0-b935-4d0a-9827-6199a65cf980?upload=true.jpg

This is applies to only new attempts to create the file (when Print to PDF used), and the message is slightly different for attempts to save from Snipping tool (e.g. \Pictures\ and not \Documents\.) Both have the identical message "File not found."

This is occurs regardless of in-use profile (Admin, my MS Account (Users group), my local Standard Profile (Users group), etc.) Does not appear to be related to profile settings or type.

I have followed a number of recommended approaches to fix the issue (reset Edge, set to default for printer, etc.) w/o success.

Search on the net proved fruitless.

My Office 365 subscription reports "Up to date" for all updates.

Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated!

Jim

:)

Jim.Low, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Dec 29, 2018
  3. LBU_981 Win User
    PDF Document Printing - Windows 10

thanks for your suggestion, but sorry, does not work -

I am in the MAIL or EDGE application in WIN10 - and hit Ctrl. P (or use PRINT) - for normal documents no problem to print in PDF. (with Microsoft Print to PDF as a printer)

There is something happening, (the little activity circle turns) - but then I cannot find where the PDF was saved. I checked the download folder, but the file is not there.

can the path where the PDF saved be specified?

LBU_981, Dec 29, 2018
  4. "Print to PDF" in paersonal Documents/Pictures Folder - Failure

PDF Document Printing - Windows 10

I don't get a box telling me it has been saved but thanks for the reference to the Documents folder where I can now find a long list of PDF documents that I thought hadn't printed!

It would be VERY helpful to be given a Save To option rather than just dump them in the Documents folder.

GordonPainter, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

"Print to PDF" in paersonal Documents/Pictures Folder - Failure

1. "Print to PDF" in paersonal Documents/Pictures Folder - Failure - Similar Threads - Print PDF paersonal

2. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  3. Printing PDF Document - Scale Percent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing PDF Document - Scale Percent: Trying to print a PDF document. The "scale percent" box has changed permanently from 100% to 97%. How do I change this back to 100% permanently? This is only an issue when printing a PDF from a saved file - printing any Microsoft Office document works fine....
  4. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  5. i can not print a document in PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can not print a document in PDF: I have been trying to Print my PDF file. I can not do it. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-print-a-document-in-pdf/f61248e3-31b7-4a98-b37a-7b45c9bfb6f4
  6. printing PDF FOLDERS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printing PDF FOLDERS: PRINTER WONT PRINT PDF FOLDERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-pdf-folders/6285b9e6-68d2-47c9-8a44-015436a5b6f8
  7. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...
  8. Printing to PDF from scanned document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing to PDF from scanned document: I have Office 365 and I can print to my Canon printer. I have a printer listed as ABS PDF Driver v400, which I am assuming will print the file to a PDF. When I print to it, it gives me an error "Printer not activated code - 30" Could someone help or give me a suggesting so...
  9. Printing/not saving PDF documents

Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  10. Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents: I am experiencing problems with Win 10 TP to save any office document to a PDF format and also to print them to PDF document using virtual printers like Nitro PDF and PDF Creator. Any solutions to this issue? 3523

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft print to pdf special folder redirection