Windows 10: print to pdf in word freezes

Discus and support print to pdf in word freezes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; tried:unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restoreremoving as printer/reloadingsetting microsoft print to pdf as default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carolyn N. Pettifer, Sep 29, 2022.

1. print to pdf in word freezes

tried:unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restoreremoving as printer/reloadingsetting microsoft print to pdf as default printerre-bootingtroubleshootingno helpwhen i select print to pdf - freezes - not always but most of the timeadobe is not the problem - it can convert to pdf

:)

Carolyn N. Pettifer, Sep 29, 2022

2. print to pdf in word freezes

tried:

unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restore

removing as printer/reloading

setting microsoft print to pdf as default printer

re-booting

troubleshooting

no help

when i select print to pdf - freezes - not always but most of the time

adobe is not the problem - it can convert to pdf

Carolyn N. Pettifer, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 30, 2022
  4. print to pdf in word freezes

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

print to pdf in word freezes

1. print to pdf in word freezes - Similar Threads - print pdf word

2. Word to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word to PDF: Is there anyway to convert WORD to PDF directly from Windows Explorer without having to open and save as PDF? If not, Microsoft can we add that option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-to-pdf/1239413f-8684-4451-a9f0-399ea7790dbb
  3. Word to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word to PDF: Is there anyway to convert WORD to PDF directly from Windows Explorer without having to open and save as PDF? If not, Microsoft can we add that option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-to-pdf/1239413f-8684-4451-a9f0-399ea7790dbb
  4. print to pdf in word freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    print to pdf in word freezes: tried:unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restoreremoving as printer/reloadingsetting microsoft print to pdf as default printerre-bootingtroubleshootingno helpwhen i select print to pdf - freezes - not always but most of the timeadobe is not the problem - it can convert to...
  5. PDF and Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF and Word: I thought it would be a good idea for myself to change all my PDF files to open automatically with word. Now none of my files will open that converted to work. I need to change them all back to PDF because now I'm unable to access any course material. Thank you....
  6. Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF: I just tried to use Microsoft Print to PDF to create a document from Word with duplexing. Note that this is entirely Windows, Word, and Microsoft Print to PDF, there are no physical printers or third party products involved. I was given two options: "Print One Sided" and...
  7. Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf

Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf: I know this is a common problem - I won't even bother to describe it in detail but i can't find a recent thread. Anyway, my printer is the default and Print to File is not checked in the print menu 2 common 'solutions'. I am trying to print documents related to my...
  8. Print to PDF from Word has stopped working: "Word can't print due to a problem with the...

Print to PDF from Word has stopped working: "Word can't print due to a problem with the...: I am running Windows 10. Yesterday I had a problem problem with printing to an HP ENVY printer with the error message"Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup." I could not print from Excel or Adobe either. This had been working fine before. I had problems...
  9. PDF to Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF to Word: I need to convert my PDF to Word. It says to right click on the PDF, but it's not offering any other format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-to-word/9a2f1e55-8593-45dd-9eb8-2248f412bec1"
  10. Printing to PDF, Report Viewer freezes after Print

in Windows 10 Support
    Printing to PDF, Report Viewer freezes after Print: Just installed Windows 10, and I am having a problem with the Report Viewer (Print option). I attempt to print to PDF and the printing option works; however, after the print instruction, the screen freezes. I click the Exit icon and nothing happened (computer freezes)....