Windows 10: Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving

Discus and support Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When printing to PDF, "microsoft print to pdf" i get prompt every time to choose a location + a filename. Also the file does not open in pdf after...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Egemar07, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Egemar07 Win User

Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving

When printing to PDF, "microsoft print to pdf" i get prompt every time to choose a location + a filename.

Also the file does not open in pdf after...

My computer used to both save automatically and open in Adobe pdf after.. But now, none of the things happens...

Im running windows 10 1803 build 17134.137

It does the same, whether printing to pdf from browser or word document.

:)

Egemar07, Jul 12, 2018

2. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing.

I would happily use Microsoft Print to PDF, but I can't tell it where to save the document. They are currently saved in what used to be called My Documents, repeat My Documents. I hate it when programs decide they can save there. I want it saved to Desktop, so I can quickly put it where I want it.

nigelmercier, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    'print to pdf' location

Yes. You get a normal Explorer 'Save as' window and can choose the location and name of the pdf file to save to. Next time you print to pdf the 'Save as' window will open at the location you last saved to. Each app you print from remembers its own 'last saved' location, so you can set different default locations for each app you use.

4. Kari Win User

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

I really cannot understand what's to hate when you create a document and system offers to save it to your Documents folder?

That being said, why don't you change the save folder? At least on my computers when printing / saving to Microsoft Print to PDF it opens a Save As dialog. By default this dialog opens in My Documents but if I now select Desktop instead and save there, all future PDF files I create with Microsoft Print to PDF will be saved to desktop (Save As dialog offering Desktop as save location) until I again select another folder in the Save As dialog.

The point is, the tool remembers the last folder you have used to save your PDF.

Thema:

1. Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving - Similar Threads - Print pdf prompt

2. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  3. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  4. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Save to .pdf

Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  6. Saving a PDF

Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  7. Saving As A .pdf ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving As A .pdf ?: Hello, I open up a web link that is a multi page document (an instruction manual). I then want to save it as a .pdf. Can't figure out how to. I assume I use Adobe Acrobat to do so, but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob 179792
  8. Printing/not saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  9. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?: I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing. I would happily use Microsoft Print to PDF, but I can't tell it where to save the document. They are currently saved in what used...
  10. Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents

Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents: I am experiencing problems with Win 10 TP to save any office document to a PDF format and also to print them to PDF document using virtual printers like Nitro PDF and PDF Creator. Any solutions to this issue? 3523

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft print to pdf open after saving

2. adobe print to pdf save location

3. do not open pdf when saving

4. pdf saving prompt,
  5. pdf save to the same file every time,
  6. publisher prompts to save after no changes but printing win 10\,
  7. adobe print to pdf no save,
  8. print to pdf without prompt,
  9. microsoft print to pdf set save location,
  10. how print pages in nitro without prompting the save as,
  11. microsoft print to pdf location,