Windows 10: Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code

Discus and support Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I noticed, while checking installed printers, that Microsoft Print to PDF has an app available: [ATTACH] But when I click to get the app, it brings... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HelpforthePC, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code

I noticed, while checking installed printers, that Microsoft Print to PDF has an app available:

Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code a6f32570-4e52-4e75-b0c5-73352b37384f?upload=true.jpg

But when I click to get the app, it brings me to the Store, for this MicrosoftPrinttoPDFSettings.

Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code [​IMG]

So is this a scam of some sort? I haven't "received" any code.

Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code e944180c-ae20-4a7c-808a-9e233f4acc72?upload=true.jpg

:)

HelpforthePC, Jan 23, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Jan 23, 2020
  4. ET_2017 Win User

Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code

Windows 10 will not print PDF files

Hi, I think I have found the problem. After the Windows 10 update yesterday, I couldn't print with my software that prints PDF. Others softwares can print documents like .docx and .xls.

I found that one of my printers which I install is "missing" in the list of printers but still available in the software's printer list. I made a change to another printer driver of the same printer as the default printer. And immediately all softwares are
    able to print PDF. It is something related to the "missing" printer.

Suggest those with this problem to add a new printer setting and make it default printer.

ET_2017, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code

1. Print to PDF says in Settings/Printers it has an app available - now it's asking for a code - Similar Threads - Print PDF says

2. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  3. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  4. Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list: ...its disappeared and does not show in the list of printers when 'adding a local printer et' local port, use existing port: PORTPROMPT:, Microsoft shows up in the Manufacturers list but not in the 'Printers' list. From what i understand there should be a 'Microsoft print to...
  5. print to pdf printer removed unfortunately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    print to pdf printer removed unfortunately: I unfortunately removed the print to pdf printer. How can i get back or recover that? submitted by /u/sakisakhab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhi0g4/print_to_pdf_printer_removed_unfortunately/
  6. MS Print to PDF no longer available or working?

MS Print to PDF no longer available or working?: Even after updates, I do not have the option of MS Print to PDF. .PRN documents do not work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-print-to-pdf-no-longer-available-or-working/589ca76e-4b34-48af-a5ec-d3474c65e6d4
  7. Printer won't print PDF Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer won't print PDF Files: I downloaded Windows 10 update version 2004 yesterday now my Cannon 4820 printer will not print any PDF files from the website or from File Explorer. I have the latest driver for the printer. I ran the printer troubleshooter and was able to print out a test page. What can...
  8. set pdf as default printer

set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  9. set pdf as default printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  10. PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer

PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer: A Curious (and frustrating) problem ... This morning, I tried to print a PDF document (11x17, 2-sided, full color, created to PDF by Microsoft Publisher) using Adobe Acrobat. The document spooled and the print queue said "Printing...", then it disappeared from the print...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoftprinttopdfsettings code

2. microsoftprinttoPDFsettings not available store

3. microsoftprinttopdfsettings drive

4. microsoftprinttopdfsettings app requires code