Windows 10: Print to PDF - Various page orientations

Discus and support Print to PDF - Various page orientations in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I print a document with various page orientations they all come out portrait or landscape. In the Print to PDF - Properties tab, Printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephen1_1, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Print to PDF - Various page orientations

When I print a document with various page orientations they all come out portrait or landscape. In the Print to PDF - Properties tab, Printing Preferences the only options I have are Portrait or Landscape or in Advance to change the paper size. There is no autorotate tick box which other printer would have. My colleagues Print to PDF all work as expected with various page orientation output intermixed together. I have deleted the printer and reinstalled already.

:)

Stephen1_1, Mar 15, 2021

2. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be something rotating the page prior to viewing. I confirmed this by actually printing out the pdf file that was
    generated. It displays the data in portrait mode, but the actual print out is in landscape.

I went back to the "Print\General" dialog and selected Microsoft Print To PDF. I confirmed the "OK" button became enabled at this point. I then selected "Preferences" and changed the "Orientation" combo box from Portrait to Landscape. The preview changed
    at this point to reflect landscape. I then selected "Advanced" and viewed the Paper/Output and Copy County options. Paper Size was set to "Letter" and Count was set to 1 Copy. I selected OK and confirmed the orientation in the preview hadn't changed. It
    was still showing Landscape. I then selected OK. Microsoft Print To PDF was still selected. There were no other relevant configuration choices, just Report Range, Paper Range and Project Options. I review these anyway, but could not find anything related
    to paper orientation.

At this point I selected OK and was prompted for a location and name for the output. I provided this (noting the name and location). When printing completed, I opened the correct file in the correct location using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The two pages
    of my report were both in Portrait.

At this point, I went to File\Print. I noticed the Orientation in the Print Dialog was set to Auto Portrait/landscape. I changed nothing in this screen, and selected Print. I did notice that the preview screen showed the page in landscape mode already
    though.

When the report printed out, it was in the correct orientation, landscape.

I went a step further and took a Word document created in Office 365 online. and changed it's orientation to landscape and printed it out using the Microsoft Print To PDF. This seemed to display correctly in landscape mode.

Paul Green (paul.green), Mar 15, 2021
  3. Problem with page orientation with downloaded pages in their fplder

• Have you tried printing from any Office apps (e.g. Word), and see if it does the same thing.

• "No. This only happens with some of the pages in the download folder in question. Out of, about 50 files it, currently, affects about 20. No other office apps (or any other) exhibits this problem"
    • For us to be in the same page, how do you print the files out? This would help us also to replicate the issue.
    The issue is not in the printing. It seems to be in the saving. The, would be single page somehow saves as 2 pages. It appears to be related to
    page orientation. I cannot figure out how to alter the palge orientation of the affected pages. I have tried to change the orientation in Edge and Adobe (they are saved as .pdf's), but can't find that option.

Thank you

(AlanSmithee), Mar 15, 2021
  4. Print to PDF - Various page orientations

Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Print to PDF - Various page orientations

1. Print to PDF - Various page orientations - Similar Threads - Print PDF Various

2. print to pdf only show 1 page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print to pdf only show 1 page: print to pdf only show 1 page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-to-pdf-only-show-1-page/cff52a47-fb1e-4f93-96f2-741c9f734d10
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation

Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation: When selecting multiple images to put together into a pdf in file explorer, I select print, select Microsoft print to pdf, then the image preview is rotated 90 degrees to a landscape orientation. An image, or scan that was in portrait orientation, is printed to a 90 degree...
  4. When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page

When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page: After installing KB5003173 I try to print to any installed printer from a non-Microsoft Application i get a Black Page. If i uninstall KB5003173 this problem goes away. I am running Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H2 Build 19042.985This problem occurs on other computers that have the...
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF adding page sizes

Microsoft Print to PDF adding page sizes: I have created a bunch of forms in the Printer Server Properties but I can't see the newly page sizes in the Microsoft Print to PDF .The new forms I am trying to add are standard page sizes Arch C 18 X 24 and Arch D 24 X 36. Please help....
  6. How to make a multiple page pdf file into 1 page for printing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a multiple page pdf file into 1 page for printing?: I have to print some documents. One of the documents has like 3 pages. I only want to print 1 page. I know you can do this when printing and selecting print only page 3. But i want to make this 3 page document into 1 page only. Thus if i open this file, it only shows that one...
  7. how to change page orientation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change page orientation: how to change page orientation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-page-orientation/b9e62bb0-32f3-4d8f-9bdb-8c95985175cd
  8. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait: Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be something rotating the page prior to viewing. I confirmed this by actually printing out the pdf file that was generated. It...
  9. Pdf printing

Pdf printing: My Microsoft print to pdf dissapeared from my printer selection, only have my printers and Microsoft XPS writer to choose from How do I get it back not available as a download able app ???????? Help...
  10. PDF PRINTING

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF PRINTING: HI; Was trying to print a PDF doc, when I use the 'more' button on the upper right to select 'print' my PRINT to PDF is not there anymore. I went over my HP ENVY 5660 printer and downloaded the necessary 'stuff', but in reality the PRINT to PDF menu is gone from my HP W10...