Windows 10: Print to PDF

Discus and support Print to PDF in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is this a new feature of W 10? I do not remember adding anything [img] Edit, guess it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dude, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

Print to PDF

2. How to troubleshoot printing problems in Windows 10

My problem is printing to PDF, even with Microsoft Print to PDF?

DailyGrindUSA1, Mar 26, 2015
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF

Purchased new HP lap top mid March 2017

Windows 10 came with Microsoft Print to PDF

Installed Adobe Reader

Before automatic Windows Update week of Apr 17 after saving pdf using Microsoft Print to PDF, it would prompt me to open the pdf file to view print it

After automatic Windows Update, after saving pdf using Microsoft Print to PDF, it no longer prompts me to open the pdf file to view/print it

I have to go to my folder where I saved it, and then open it.

I performed TroubleShoot on right click of Microsoft Print to PDF, and no issues found.

I installed CutePDFWriter to see if that would solve the problem. Same issue. Can save as pdf no problem, however have to go to folder to locate the pdf file and open/print it manually.

Thank You

Helen Barrett

HelenBarrett, Mar 26, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Print to PDF

Classy addition, great find Doug.

Boozad, Mar 26, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    Thanks for the heads up. Pretty cool that they've now added this!

ARC1020, Mar 26, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Yes, that does appear to be new. One of the many tiny new features that they haven't publicized.

Mystere, Mar 26, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    I wonder what else they snuck in, trying to find new things out of boredom *Cool

8. gzt7d8 Win User

Print to PDF

That is a great find. I love that feature in Chrome.

gzt7d8, Mar 26, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Try and find out how to pin Computer Management to the Start Menu. *Mad

Boozad, Mar 26, 2015
  10. gzt7d8 Win User
    Is this what you mean?

gzt7d8, Mar 26, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    @gzt7d8, please post how you did pin it

12. gzt7d8 Win User
    go to Administrative Tools, right click and Pin to Start

gzt7d8, Mar 26, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

Print to PDF

Lol, was just going to post that...Thanks

Print to PDF [​IMG]

14. adamf Win User
    They snuck in disk compression which annoyed the developer of Zipmagic which does the same thing (except you have to pay 34.88 for it) ... zdnet

I guess all no-one will have to download Nitro PDF or Bulldog or whatever any more for PDF printing which is a good thing - it should have been in the OS years ago. Good find anyway, thanks.

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  15. Dude Win User
    That disk compression is a good one. I tested is and saved 7.5GB of space.

Thema:

Print to PDF

1. Print to PDF - Similar Threads - Print PDF

2. Microsoft Print to PDF Creates an Empty File (XPS too, if you use it)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF Creates an Empty File (XPS too, if you use it): Hello, First, some keywords to help search engines find this page. Microsoft Print To PDF Empty Zero Length File Not Working Administrator It's clear that the number of people with this problem is vast. While I don't claim to be able to solve the problem for...
  3. How to sign a PDF document on your computer w/o printing it up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sign a PDF document on your computer w/o printing it up.: Hi, Was emailed a document that requires my signature. I have Windows 10. Can open it easily, and see the pen logo in the upper right hand corner. Am I supposed to use that and, with my mouse, write my name? How do I save it so I can email the signed document back to the...
  4. PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PDF Print window defaults to Landscape: A few months ago this problem arose. When I go to print a PDF file, the print window defaults to Landscape. Almost all my documents are in portrait view. I cannot find any setting in the print window that lets me set the default setting to portrait. This seems...
  5. Windows Media Player and Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player and Microsoft print to PDF: Hello, since the latest version of Windows 10, version 1809 (System version 17,763,134), Windows Media player is no longer launches and Microsoft print to PDF no longer works with an error message. The print to PDF printer is well installed and present as well as Windows...
  6. using Windows 10 and can not print to Adobe PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using Windows 10 and can not print to Adobe PDF: In the past I could print to Adobe PDF with no problems. Recently these jobs get hung up in an error mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-10-and-can-not-print-to-adobe-pdf/257f00da-78c2-431e-8639-03cc0561d925
  7. Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files: Having an issue with “Microsoft print to pdf”. It occasionally creates a blank page, empty pdf file. It worked perfectly for years, but over the last two weeks this issue popped up. I have uninstalled the print to pdf “printer” in “Devices and Printers”. Then added it again....
  8. How to fix Microsoft Print to PDF Not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix Microsoft Print to PDF Not Working on Windows 10: How to fix Microsoft Print to PDF Not Working on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-microsoft-print-to-pdf-not-working-on/caf1cbf5-5ce1-4f27-8f0b-516df26cab43
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: How can you change the default margin setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf/a5df7f97-ee6d-4988-9bee-82825b367136
  10. printing mulitple acrobat pdf files from a single folder

printing mulitple acrobat pdf files from a single folder: trying to follow instructions and the 1st instruction is to Type *.PDF in the Search box at the upper right corner. what screen do I need to be in to do this?...