Windows 10: Print to PDF

Discus and support Print to PDF in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is this a new feature of W 10? I do not remember adding anything [img] Edit, guess it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dude, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

Print to PDF

2. How to troubleshoot printing problems in Windows 10

My problem is printing to PDF, even with Microsoft Print to PDF?

DailyGrindUSA1, Mar 26, 2015
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF

Purchased new HP lap top mid March 2017

Windows 10 came with Microsoft Print to PDF

Installed Adobe Reader

Before automatic Windows Update week of Apr 17 after saving pdf using Microsoft Print to PDF, it would prompt me to open the pdf file to view print it

After automatic Windows Update, after saving pdf using Microsoft Print to PDF, it no longer prompts me to open the pdf file to view/print it

I have to go to my folder where I saved it, and then open it.

I performed TroubleShoot on right click of Microsoft Print to PDF, and no issues found.

I installed CutePDFWriter to see if that would solve the problem. Same issue. Can save as pdf no problem, however have to go to folder to locate the pdf file and open/print it manually.

Thank You

Helen Barrett

HelenBarrett, Mar 26, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Print to PDF

Classy addition, great find Doug.

Boozad, Mar 26, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    Thanks for the heads up. Pretty cool that they've now added this!

ARC1020, Mar 26, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Yes, that does appear to be new. One of the many tiny new features that they haven't publicized.

Mystere, Mar 26, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    I wonder what else they snuck in, trying to find new things out of boredom *Cool

8. gzt7d8 Win User

Print to PDF

That is a great find. I love that feature in Chrome.

gzt7d8, Mar 26, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Try and find out how to pin Computer Management to the Start Menu. *Mad

Boozad, Mar 26, 2015
  10. gzt7d8 Win User
    Is this what you mean?

gzt7d8, Mar 26, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    @gzt7d8, please post how you did pin it

12. gzt7d8 Win User
    go to Administrative Tools, right click and Pin to Start

gzt7d8, Mar 26, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

Print to PDF

Lol, was just going to post that...Thanks

Print to PDF [​IMG]

14. adamf Win User
    They snuck in disk compression which annoyed the developer of Zipmagic which does the same thing (except you have to pay 34.88 for it) ... zdnet

I guess all no-one will have to download Nitro PDF or Bulldog or whatever any more for PDF printing which is a good thing - it should have been in the OS years ago. Good find anyway, thanks.

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  15. Dude Win User
    That disk compression is a good one. I tested is and saved 7.5GB of space.

Thema:

Print to PDF

1. Print to PDF - Similar Threads - Print PDF

2. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?: I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only....
  3. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?: I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only....
  4. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  5. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  6. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  8. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  9. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  10. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...