Windows 10: Printer access

Discus and support Printer access in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vanessapalmer1, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Printer access

I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old printer and thinking the printer was the problem I bought a new one. Note this only happened after I did a reboot. My computer is running Windows 10. Please help

:)

vanessapalmer1, Sep 18, 2019

2. Unable to access Canon PIXMA MG3620 printer with error: "Printer queue is full" on Windows 10

Hi Wesley,

As you are facing issues with accessing the printer after upgrading to Windows 10 with error: Print queue is full, we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps on desktop device and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 3: To Manually Clear and Reset Print Spooler Queue follow:

Stop the service.
    • Close the window.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

4. Printer access

Unable to access Wireless printer on Windows 10

Hi Santos,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience your facing with accessing printer, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you tried to connected the printer via wired connection and check?
    • Did you connect this printer to different computer and check?
    • Were you able to see any error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to remove printer drivers from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.
    Try to install the right drivers for the Printer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service
    and check.

Description: Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.

If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the below article about “Fix
    printer problems
    ” and check if it helps

Section: Why isn't Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thema:

Printer access

1. Printer access - Similar Threads - Printer access

2. I can not access the scanner on my Brother multi function printer, MFC-9325CW.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not access the scanner on my Brother multi function printer, MFC-9325CW.: Since the recent update I can not access the scanner on my Brother multi function printer, MFC-9325CW. With the previous version I could go on to "cameras and scanners", add a device, and identify the network address to unlock the scanner. There is no "cameras and scanners"...
  3. accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accessing a memory card on my HP printer across local network: I am trying to access files on a memory card installed in my HP printer. This used to work fine, but recently it has stopped working. It has a folder called HPSCANS which collect scans done by the printer. I use the same method on another PC on my local network with no...
  4. printer access

printer access: How do I access my printer from windows 10. I do not see an icon in the task bar. I want to print something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-access/78d6b9b2-af17-4ae5-b786-991392696ed4
  5. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Home Network and shared printer access problems: Hello, Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT allowed into the win 10 machine for some reason. Each machine has its own printer (win 10 @ Cannon iP4700 series and designated...
  6. Printer Driver settings in Windows 10 Assigned Access Kiosk?

Printer Driver settings in Windows 10 Assigned Access Kiosk?: Hello, First post. I hope this is in the correct place :) .I have set up my first kiosks using Windows 10 Assigned Access. everything works fine, but I am having a mild inconvenience I am hoping someone has some insight on. I have thermal printers connected by USB to each...
  7. Windows 10 can’t access printer on network

Windows 10 can’t access printer on network: Hello, Could someone please offer advice on this issue? There are four PCs all running Win 10. Each PC is connected to the same private wifi network. One PC has a printer directly connected to it via an ethernet cable. Two of the other PCs can find this printer either...
  8. Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth...

Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth...: I am not able to get phone tethering through Bluetooth to work on my Lenovo W541 laptop. In Device and Printers window, select the Bluetooth connected phone and then click "Connect using...", it shows "Direct connection", there is no "Access Point" available. The Bluetooth...
  9. USB printer port not accessible

USB printer port not accessible: I recently bought a Canon Pixma MG2580S inkjet printer for home use with my Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB running Windows 10 Home 1809. I plugged the printer in and windows detected it as MG2500 Series, and also as MG2500 Series WS. Neither of these options was functional for...
  10. Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one

Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one: Was working away this am and my printers all dissapeared from my listing and when i try and add a new one it freezes and when i try and click on one in the control panel it freezes. very frustrated as the only thing that has changed in the last week was office 365 update....