Windows 10: Printer and computer not communicating

Discus and support Printer and computer not communicating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I determine whether it is the printer or the computer that is not working properly. I ran the printer - Epson WF-3520 - trouble shooter and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bargmi, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Bargmi Win User

Printer and computer not communicating

How do I determine whether it is the printer or the computer that is not working properly. I ran the printer - Epson WF-3520 - trouble shooter and it says there is not problem. My HP computer tells me that there is a printer error. I have repeatedly done the Wi-Fi setup on the printer. I am at a loss.

:)

Bargmi, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer not communicating with printer

Hi Willa,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error message do you receive when you try to print any document?
    • Did you made any system changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue persist while printing from specific app or from all programs/app?
    • Is printer connected to PC with wired connection or wireless connection?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    cannot communicate with printer

Hi Joe,

The error message Computer cannot communicate with Printer is commonly caused by a connection issue between both devices. For us to provide an accurate solution, we need to elaborate the issue further. Kindly answer the questions listed below:

• Have you tried connecting to your printer using a USB cable?
    • If your computer is connected to the internet using WiFi, are you experiencing any issues?
    • Have you tried relocating your computer to a location which is nearer to your printer?

For initial troubleshooting for all printer issues, we suggest that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a simple guide on how to resolve any printer issues.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Printer not communicating

Hello,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your printer driver?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you try to print?
    • Have you tried
      installing a driver from Dell
      ?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check these articles and perform the troubleshooting steps given:

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer and computer not communicating - Similar Threads - Printer computer communicating

2. Communications between the computer and my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Communications between the computer and my printer: Split from this thread. A recent update for Windows 11, has affected communications between the computer and my printer. I have spoken with Epson and HP and it is nothing on their end that is causing the issue. I have been directed by them to make contact with MS to correct...
  3. Communications between the computer and my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Communications between the computer and my printer: Split from this thread. A recent update for Windows 11, has affected communications between the computer and my printer. I have spoken with Epson and HP and it is nothing on their end that is causing the issue. I have been directed by them to make contact with MS to correct...
  4. Not being able to communicate with printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to communicate with printer: I am trying to make an .net application that would get the printer status but the program is not getting any status but previously it was getting all the status...
  5. Printer Communication problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Communication problem: For a long time, my system has listed its printers twice. For example, I have "HP LaserJet 1320" and "HP Laserjet 1320 (Copy 1)," also "HP OfficeJet 5200 series" and "HP OfficeJet 5200 Series (7F84B9)" (My old Canon also had a plain and "Copy 1" version.) This never used to...
  6. computer to printer communication

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer to printer communication: computer is printing to a file and not to the actual printer. How to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-to-printer-communication/4a5e42e8-33b7-4f59-8f4e-e50e4c33ad4a
  7. computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer

computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer: My desktop computer and printer were working fine wirelessly a few weeks ago until something occurred, possibly a win. upgrade, at which time the computer would not recognize the printer. There is a laptop also on the Wi-Fi network and after the problem with the desktop, I...
  8. Microsoft update stopped computer communication with printer

Microsoft update stopped computer communication with printer: After a recent Microsoft 10 update my computer will not communicate with my printer. Tried printer driver..no luck. I understand this has been a recent problem...Any Microsoft fixes?...
  9. Problem with Communicating with Printer

Problem with Communicating with Printer: windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have the same windows ten version and printer works fine from his PC, any advice? [Original Title: printing]...
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable bidirectionsal support for printer

2. printer and computer not communicating