Windows 10: Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version

Discus and support Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows update, we've lost the printer. Its an older EPSON WORKFORCE 520. Even with the installation CD, it runs upto installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LindaHopkins2, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version

Since the latest Windows update, we've lost the printer. Its an older EPSON WORKFORCE 520. Even with the installation CD, it runs upto installing the drivers, then fails. No matter if the printer is cabled or WiFi, the windows printers setup cannot find the printer. We've tried the latest EPSON drivers for Windows 10, still no success. This s the usual message received. Windows 10, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418). Windows 10 Home operating system. (Bring back windows 7)

Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version 43caa662-d3a8-47c1-9048-a2d526f8d38f?upload=true.png

:)

LindaHopkins2, Oct 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version

Post Windows 10 upgrade- No PDF printer

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Did you install the printer after upgrading to Windows 10?

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

Adobe Acrobat Learn & Support

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version

1. Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version - Similar Threads - Printer cannot used

2. Upgrade to latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to latest version of Windows 10: I have inherited a computer that is about four years old. I have had it switched on for a week doing updates and the OS info page says it is still on version 1803 17134.1304 but the updates it installs are called feature updates to Windows 10 version 22H2. 1. Isn't version...
  3. Unable to use Quick Assist since latest Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use Quick Assist since latest Windows 11 upgrade: I have been recommended by 365 Tech Support to inquire why I'm unable to get past a "white screen" when attempting to download the lastest Quck Assist app which is a necesssity in order to allow for connection to 365 Tech Support...
  4. Unable to use Quick Assist since latest Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use Quick Assist since latest Windows 11 upgrade: I have been recommended by 365 Tech Support to inquire why I'm unable to get past a "white screen" when attempting to download the lastest Quck Assist app which is a necesssity in order to allow for connection to 365 Tech Support...
  5. Unable to upgrade to the latest version of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to the latest version of Windows: My PC is currently running Windows 10, version 1909, which has reached the end of service.When I press "Check for updates" it says "You are up to date".Basically I can't update to the latest version of Windows.I have tried to Troubleshoot> Windows Update. Fixed a couple of...
  6. Is upgrading Windows to the latest version is safe?

Is upgrading Windows to the latest version is safe?: Hi, I got a laptop that I got my parents for passing my scholarship exam. It's not a lot old, came with default Windows 10 Home of version 1809, with 4 GB RAM and a Pentium Gold processor. I kept it updating, running smoothly and fast, even though it had a ULV processor. It...
  7. Screen problems since latest upgrade

Screen problems since latest upgrade: Since the latest upgrade of win 10, whenever a program is open, new screens pop up in back instead of in front and I don't know how to change this. For example if you click the properties of your printer, the screen comes up but in back of the settings window and you have to...
  8. TurboTax closing since latest upgrade

TurboTax closing since latest upgrade: Since my Surface Pro 4 updated this week, when I am in TurboTax, everytime I go to the next page option the program disappears. I have to locate it again and bring it to the surface but I am not able to get through my taxes doing this. Has anyone else had this happen. I...
  9. Windows 10 upgrading to the latest version

Windows 10 upgrading to the latest version: Today I got a upgrade reminder from Microsoft upgrade center that it was time to upgrade to the latest version of windows 10, OK I was running the upgrade and the next thing I got was a black screen with flashing cursors, no messages about faulty hard drives or anything, I...
  10. Windows upgrade latest version

Windows upgrade latest version: Windows upgrade will not install. The error messages ask me to remove Avira antivirus. I do not have Avira installed and registry clear shows nothing...