Windows 10: Printer configuration with Windows 10

Discus and support Printer configuration with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two printers---Brother MFC7860DW and Brother MFC 7360N. I downloaded the printer drivers for each. I ran each program to install. During the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaoruWatanabe, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Printer configuration with Windows 10

I have two printers---Brother MFC7860DW and Brother MFC 7360N. I downloaded the printer drivers for each. I ran each program to install. During the installation, it asked if I wanted to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I chose the USB connection and followed the instructions---connect an usb cable and turn on the printer. But, after that, it stopped installing the driver. This happened for both printer driver.

Are there any compatibility issues between Brother printers and Windows 10? If so, I will appreciate if anyone knows how to solve this issue.

Best,

Kaoru

:)

KaoruWatanabe, Oct 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Printer configuration with Windows 10

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer configuration with Windows 10

1. Printer configuration with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Printer configuration

2. Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?: Ok this is my first question; remember I am a newbie to IT. Yesterday I had an on-site printer call, and the fix was very simple however I noticed he had a printer getting 169.x.x.x which of course is an APPIPA address. I always configured printers with static IP addresses....
  3. Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?: Ok this is my first question; remember I am a newbie to IT. Yesterday I had an on-site printer call, and the fix was very simple however I noticed he had a printer getting 169.x.x.x which of course is an APPIPA address. I always configured printers with static IP addresses....
  4. How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?: My printer has started to print a final page after my document has finished printing. It appears to be the file configuration; i.e, Filename, Directory, Template, Author, Creation Date, etc. How can I stop this file configuration from printing? It does so automatically. Thank...
  5. How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?

How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?: My printer has started to print a final page after my document has finished printing. It appears to be the file configuration; i.e, Filename, Directory, Template, Author, Creation Date, etc. How can I stop this file configuration from printing? It does so automatically. Thank...
  6. RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2: Hi,I am referring to the post at Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared - Microsoft Community . For solution given by Ramesh Srinivasan below:Fix: Printer Error 0x00000bc4 or 0x00000709 in Windows 11I need clarification for the following given steps...
  7. RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2

RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2: Hi,I am referring to the post at Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared - Microsoft Community . For solution given by Ramesh Srinivasan below:Fix: Printer Error 0x00000bc4 or 0x00000709 in Windows 11I need clarification for the following given steps...
  8. How to remove a printer when it can't be configured?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a printer when it can't be configured?: Hi everyone,I've searched my registry, rebooted my computer, checked the spooler folder, reviewed the printer-server drivers and ports but can't figure out how to remove the Brother printer option. I've tried googling of coure bnut nothing I could find has helped. As you can...
  9. How to remove a printer when it can't be configured?

How to remove a printer when it can't be configured?: Hi everyone,I've searched my registry, rebooted my computer, checked the spooler folder, reviewed the printer-server drivers and ports but can't figure out how to remove the Brother printer option. I've tried googling of coure bnut nothing I could find has helped. As you can...
  10. DNS Configuration On Printers

DNS Configuration On Printers: I have been seeing a trend this week were companies are putting a regular computer machine IP address into the primary DNS of a printer and some are leaving the secondary to nothing or to google or someone else. My question is why in the printer is the primary DNS set to an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer configuration windows 10

2. configuration with printer

3. printer configuration

4. windows 10 printer configuration,
  5. windows10 printer configuration,
  6. printer configuration on windows 10,
  7. win 10 printer configuration,
  8. brother printer configuration 0x8007007e,
  9. printer unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e,
  10. brother printer error 0x8007007e,
  11. internet explorer printer configuation error 0x8007007e,