Windows 10: Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.

Discus and support Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to change the workgroup name of my laptop by the tab for changing network if appears grey. I tried doing certain things changing driver settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VrishtiAgrawal, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.

I want to change the workgroup name of my laptop by the tab for changing network if appears grey. I tried doing certain things changing driver settings and all but to no avail. Also I installed a new printer driver through DVD and it's only running when connected through wire else the printer isn't working. I did the thing and unchecked the USE PRINTER OFFLINE from printer setting. I want to connect it with other computers in my office.

:)

VrishtiAgrawal, Aug 24, 2019

2. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 24, 2019
  3. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.

change how a computer name appears in a Windows 10 homegroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type
      Change Workgroup name.

• Click on Change button.

• Rename the workgroup and click
      OK to save.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change.

1. Printer Connectivity and Workgroup name change. - Similar Threads - Printer Connectivity Workgroup

2. Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment: Dear team, I am trying to connect to the printer from windows 11 which is shared from windows 10 machine. During which i am frequently encountering "windows couldn't connect to the printer check the printer name and try again " i tried each and every step present over...
  3. Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment: Dear team, I am trying to connect to the printer from windows 11 which is shared from windows 10 machine. During which i am frequently encountering "windows couldn't connect to the printer check the printer name and try again " i tried each and every step present over...
  4. does computers change printer name if I change it on printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    does computers change printer name if I change it on printer: I recently got project to change printer names company wide. If I change the name on printer, does it affect anything on devices? If not is there any way to push it to devices who have installed it?Thank you,...
  5. does computers change printer name if I change it on printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does computers change printer name if I change it on printer: I recently got project to change printer names company wide. If I change the name on printer, does it affect anything on devices? If not is there any way to push it to devices who have installed it?Thank you,...
  6. does computers change printer name if I change it on printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change name of Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change name of Ethernet connection: How do I change the Name of my Ethernet Connection? Currently it has the same name as my WiFi 2.4Ghz connection ( have a dual band router so I also have a 5Ghz connection). [img] I know how to rename my Local Area Connection: netsh interface set interface name="Local...
  8. Changing printer name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing printer name in Windows 10: In advertently my printer got named as my wife's computer, which causes untold confusion! How can I change the name of this printer as used by Windows 10?...
  9. Changing the name of the printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the name of the printer: How could I change the name to the printers in windows 10? This will help me not to get confused since I have several printers connected and sometimes I do not know which one I need. Thanks in advance....
  10. Workgroup connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup connection problem: Hello, I use 2 computers at home, both connected with LAN. They both run windows 10 v1803 In the past(2 months ago) it was no problem to share files in explorer in the Downloads map with the 2 computers . Both have the same workgroup name. When i connect in explorer...