Windows 10: Printer connectivity issues

Discus and support Printer connectivity issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright so heres what I got to work with. My goal is to connect a wireless printer to a desktop that is connected through eithernet. Both devices are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stardread1997, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Printer connectivity issues

Alright so heres what I got to work with. My goal is to connect a wireless printer to a desktop that is connected through eithernet. Both devices are connect to the same router. Both devices are connected differently. The desktop does not detect the printer. My question: How do i connect a wired desktop that goes to the router, to a wireless device on the same router.

submitted by /u/Stardread1997
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stardread1997, Jan 4, 2021

2. issue with internet explorer and connection of printer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It could be that some system files are already corrupted or system configuration are not configured properly. To help you with this, please answer the following questions below:

• What is the build version of Windows that you are using? To check it, type in
      winver on Search bar and hit Ok.
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Are you getting any error messages/codes?

Regarding the Internet Explorer concern, you can provide us a screenshot of what exactly is happening to it. Meanwhile, you can perform the following suggested steps:

• See the steps on this link on how to connect printer and troubleshoot if it is not working properly.
    • If the same issue persists, visit this link for some advanced troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Network printer connection issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to connect the printer in the Wi-Fi network. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the printer?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mention in these artilcles

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

Troubleshooting offline printer problems

If you still have issues, then you can refer the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Please get back with the details for further investigation on the issue.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Printer connectivity issues

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi Debbie,

The printer offline status is your printer’s way of telling you that something is wrong with the communication between your computer and your printer, so one of the first things to check is your printer’s connection with your PC. Here are a couple of things
    you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

Aside from the above steps, I also suggest that you go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection
    in Windows 10.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Printer connectivity issues

1. Printer connectivity issues - Similar Threads - Printer connectivity issues

2. Printer connection issues again and again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer connection issues again and again: I have connection issuesto my printers in 2 different offices . Both are wifi. I have to call someone to fix it time and again. They keep saying the IP address is the issue....
  3. Printer connection issues with update KB4560960

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer connection issues with update KB4560960: Has the printing issue with update KB4560960 been corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-connection-issues-with-update-kb4560960/545ee03a-c57b-459d-a7e0-f74ddcfbc30c
  4. Printer Connection Issue

Printer Connection Issue: I have a Brother L-2320D B&W Laser printer. Using Win 10 1909. Every week or so I have to unplug the cable to the printer just momentarily to get it to print. I changed the cable, updated the drivers and called Brother. They seemed to think the printer needs to be repaired or...
  5. printer connection issue

printer connection issue: my dell pc no longer will connect to hp 5740 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-connection-issue/5d97e271-ac8c-43e6-80b1-bbab435b85ce
  6. Network printer connection issue

Network printer connection issue: says printer is offline. wi fil light is off I put in password wi fi light blinks but does not stay on please help ***Original title: connection*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-connection-issue/d4d0cd8b-26f5-4a6b-9c85-2b341b86190a
  7. Printer connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer connection issues: i changed internet service providers and I am having a fard time getting printer to work, I am having to enter a pin number and then i get a messagfe saying "windows can;t get network settings from router"...
  8. connecting printer

connecting printer: since last update, I cannot connect to wireless. keep getting response " IP for printer may not be correct". My printer is an Epson 610 WorkForce. has been working perfectly before this update. have reinstalled software and all updates....still nothing......any...
  9. Wireless printer connection issue

Wireless printer connection issue: How do I connect wireless printer to computer directly? Printer does not recognize wifi network, but is capable of connecting to wireless devices (phone, etc) but needs signal from computer to do so. How does Windows enable this?...
  10. connecting to Epson xp420 wireless printer issues

connecting to Epson xp420 wireless printer issues: ever since I had a new hard drive installed on my Toshiba Satellite I cannot make a connection to my printer. I was on Epson Tech support for almost 3 hours, and they told me the printer is fine, and I am connected to it, but there is something blocking the print job from...