Windows 10: Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update

Discus and support Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 systems running the latest and greatest version of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). I have a problem on both systems that seems to be Windows related.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Old Puter Man, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update

I have 2 systems running the latest and greatest version of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). I have a problem on both systems that seems to be Windows related.

I have a Canon ImageclassMF22DW laser printer that has worked flawlessly till now. Now I have an issue with the printer/driver not returning to its default settings after you leave an App.

If, for example, I change the print orientation from portrait (default) to landscape that setting remains locked in until I either manually change it back or do a restart.

The same applies to paper size and other settings.

Not a large matter but frustrating as I end up with printing oriented incorrectly if I forget to change the settings.

I have contacted Canon about this thinking it could be a driver issue. They were able to reproduce the issue using Windows 10 Pro and an MF227DW in their center.

BUT!! when they switched to a Windows 7 system, using the same printer the problem did not manifest itself.

I contacted Microsoft support twice about this. First time the tech made some Spooler changes, restarted and said it's fixed (NOT). The second call the tech did a system restore (That failed) and that was supposed to fix it.

Looking for ohers with similar issues and fixes,

TheOldPuterMan

:)

The Old Puter Man, Oct 25, 2018
  2. tremore Win User

Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage

Hi to all.

I am having an annoing problem with shared printers.

The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the printer.

The printer shared is a label printer without network port and all was working very well before this , in my opinion, unusefull improve.

All user have the " not manage default option" , win 10 pro but seems that "default option" do not effect at all with shared printers.

It is clear that is a very bad working for the sharing printer user that have to check every time what the actual default printer.

any suggestion or is it a win 10 bug ?

ciao

tremore, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Win 10 Update Default Printer Changing Issues

Here is the issue I found and not Microsoft nor Zebra wants to admit or correct the problem:

When upgrading to windows. the following transpires.

• In Windows 10, your default can be the printer you last used. To turn on this mode, open Start and select Settings. Go to Devices and
      switch Use your last used printer by default to On.

Although this is true! Only if the zebra is attached locally and NOT SHARED

If you share the printer to another computer and that computer prints out a label. It will set the zebra printer to default .

If you print the label locally from the source computer it works fine. I support pharmacies and since Microsoft is giving the option to upgrade their OS. to win 10 it becomes a problem. Zebra will not update their driver to fix this problem :

Hopefully someone will understand how much of an issue this is.

~Ariel

ArielGonzalez_589, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update

1. Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update - Similar Threads - Printer default problems

2. Oct and Nov win updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct and Nov win updates: Various systems all win10 Pro, with Office 365 Bus Differing hardware Following win updates released Oct and Nov On all systems power/sleep settings failed ie systems do not now sleep/hibernate. MS Outlook default sounds eg on Delete have failed...
  3. Win 10 Default Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Default Printer: The problem I have is that I already set the default printercheck, but it sometimes goneno check. And it happen everyday. How could I solve the problem? thx a lot....
  4. Updated Win 10 Pro to 1903. Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated Win 10 Pro to 1903. Problems: I have the full version of Malwarebytes running. Before the 1903 update, this seemed to run in parallel to Win Defender. If I checked for Win updates, the Defender virus definition files would download when updated. After the 1903 update, Defender seems to be closed down and...
  5. Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer: I work in a large business where there are a mix of Windows 10 and Windows 7. With Windows 7, we can have our label printer and an HP LaserJet connected to one PC with updated drivers, driver settings to use printer settings, and correct printer settings for each application....
  6. windows 10 pro update oct 2018

windows 10 pro update oct 2018: hello, I I have windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in updating to version 1809 in sloveniahave pc and windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in the update with version 1809 in sloveniaI have pc and windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in the update...
  7. Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update: I am having troubles to get to the clipboard on Windows 10. According to the updates I have read there are new setting to allow me to paste multiple save items and to share copy/paste amount multiple devices. I've looked under Settings but no love. I tried to Search it up...
  8. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. Shows white on 2nd screen using extended screen. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  9. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  10. Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers: I Have PC running Win 10 Pro, i5 6300 Skylake CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD Main Drive. I have read a number of posts relating to my problem her, but none of them have fixed my issue. Since upgrading to WIN 10 from WIN 7, I don't think I have ever had to look at Devices & Printers....