Windows 10: Printer delete

Discus and support Printer delete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have a canon printer stooped got another but can not remember how to delete old modle and put in new one so I can print without problens .Have a Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesPressom, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Printer delete

Have a canon printer stooped got another but can not remember how to delete old modle and put in new one so I can print without problens .Have a Dell intel Pentium desk top,and all help welcome!

:)

CharlesPressom, Dec 1, 2018
  2. rmdial Win User

Having trouble deleting printer

I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with Microsoft and Canon several hours over the last week. It still sits there as I type this. When I install the MX492 and update drivers, it still does not show on the printers list and is not recognized when I try to add a printer to the list.

The Canon tech I spoke to suggested there might be a corrupt file or malware somewhere not allowing the removal of the MX850. He suggested I create a new Admin account which would create a new registry and see how that worked. I did that and the MX492 shows up on the printers list and is the default printer.

When I am on my old admin sign on where the MX850 shows up, I can print in Word and Quicken on the MX492 even though it does not show as a printer on the printer page.

So, what to do?

Thanks in advance.

rmdial, Dec 1, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    Having trouble deleting printer

To check for corrupt system files, run sfc /scannow.

To remove malware lurking in the shadows, run AdwCleaner, then Malwarebytes Antimalware Free.

If still unsuccessful after this, you might just want to copy your user files to the new admin account and delete the old account. Actually, if you delete the old account, Windows will ask you if you want to delete the data as well; you can say "no", and it will save the user data in a folder on your new desktop. But if it were me, I would copy it over myself first. *Wink

simrick, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Printer delete

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Printer delete

1. Printer delete - Similar Threads - Printer delete

2. i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...: My previous post was deleted and I don't understand whyHi, I have an operating system Windows 10 version build 19045.4291. I need to install print management and I don't have the option to install through manage optional features. I did Windows updates. Ramesh Srinivasan...
  3. i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...: My previous post was deleted and I don't understand whyHi, I have an operating system Windows 10 version build 19045.4291. I need to install print management and I don't have the option to install through manage optional features. I did Windows updates. Ramesh Srinivasan...
  4. i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I accidentally deleted Foxit Phantom pdf printer on the control panel. How do I restore it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Foxit Phantom pdf printer on the control panel. How do I restore it...: I accidentally deleted Foxit Phantom pdf printer on the control panel page that shows all my printers. How do I restore it and the other things I deleted?...
  6. I accidentally deleted Foxit Phantom pdf printer on the control panel. How do I restore it...

I accidentally deleted Foxit Phantom pdf printer on the control panel. How do I restore it...: I accidentally deleted Foxit Phantom pdf printer on the control panel page that shows all my printers. How do I restore it and the other things I deleted?...
  7. I accidentally deleted Foxit Phantom pdf printer on the control panel. How do I restore it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I deleted the Root Print Queue & all my printers are gone. Now it appears in Other devices...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted the Root Print Queue & all my printers are gone. Now it appears in Other devices...: One of my client end-users was having issues with his printers, Local Domain with multiple printers, plotter, etc.. I noticed trouble in the Event log with all of the printers failing to load the drivers. So I tried deleting and reinstalling the printers. I clicked on the...
  9. I deleted the Root Print Queue & all my printers are gone. Now it appears in Other devices...

I deleted the Root Print Queue & all my printers are gone. Now it appears in Other devices...: One of my client end-users was having issues with his printers, Local Domain with multiple printers, plotter, etc.. I noticed trouble in the Event log with all of the printers failing to load the drivers. So I tried deleting and reinstalling the printers. I clicked on the...
  10. I deleted the Root Print Queue & all my printers are gone. Now it appears in Other devices...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone remove printer