Windows 10: printer did work. Now will not print from the computer

Discus and support printer did work. Now will not print from the computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to fix the problem of not printing from the computer E-Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoisSmith1, Apr 12, 2019.

1. printer did work. Now will not print from the computer

How to fix the problem of not printing from the computer E-Mail

:)

LoisSmith1, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Apr 12, 2019
  3. cannot print from computer to printer???

Hi.

My name is Miles.

I recommend you do the following:

Check that the printer is installed and in the "Ready" state: To do this, follow these steps:

• Start button> Control Panel> Printers.

• Disconnect the printer from the power button and turn it on again.

• Print the document again.

If the problem continues and you cannot print, uninstall the printer, restart the computer and reinstall. Through the following steps:

• Insert HP Officejet 5740 CD or search for devices in Windows, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Click on Add a printer.

• Click on Add a local printer.

MilesPruett, Apr 12, 2019
  4. printer did work. Now will not print from the computer

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

printer did work. Now will not print from the computer

1. printer did work. Now will not print from the computer - Similar Threads - printer did print

2. my printer HP will not print from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer HP will not print from my computer: my hp printer will not print from my computer, states it out of paper. not correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-hp-will-not-print-from-my-computer/1d05444a-7c14-4833-ad84-7ae9ecc43c98
  3. my printer HP will not print from my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    my printer HP will not print from my computer: my hp printer will not print from my computer, states it out of paper. not correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-hp-will-not-print-from-my-computer/1d05444a-7c14-4833-ad84-7ae9ecc43c98
  4. Printer now printing in tiny characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer now printing in tiny characters: My new HP OfficeJet8010, purchased this year has now started to print my own emails in a tiny, tiny print. Unacceptable and unable to be read. Please help me. Thanking you in anticipation....
  5. printer won't print from computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer won't print from computer: What do I do with Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-5d9595d2-7c67-4b30-9d46-1988da14e24f REQUIRES FURTHER INSTALLATION on my Brother MFC-495CW printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-from-computer/a985b203-a755-4b20-a246-679cbb5be597
  6. Network printer will not print from one computer on the network

Network printer will not print from one computer on the network: HP Office Jet Pro 8720 printer is connected to the network, along with 2 computers. On computer 1, printing is fine. On computer 2, the printer is shown as a device in the Control Panel, but is not listed as a device when in word, after entering File, Print. Computer 2...
  7. my printer is not printing from the computer

my printer is not printing from the computer: Hi my printer can print copies but will not print directly from my computer? Tried all of the suggestions you had listed but it still is not printing unless I want a copy? HELP! Theresa Gelchie...
  8. My printer will not print from a command from the computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My printer will not print from a command from the computer: My printer will not print from a command from the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-print-from-a-command-from-the/eebba9b4-e3e5-449f-b276-5ffb22c825a1"
  9. printer stopped printing from computer

printer stopped printing from computer: new windows 10 update installed and my Epson printer will no longer print from computer. ever time I hit print "save print out put as" comes up and regardless of what I do it will not allow me to print. Uninstalled the update but can not print from this computer from any app...
  10. cannot print from computer to printer???

cannot print from computer to printer???: My HP Officejet 5740 will print if I put something on printer to be copied but I cannot get it to print from my Lenova desk top computer. What am I doing wrong???...