Windows 10: Printer disappeared from Win 10.

Discus and support Printer disappeared from Win 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using my Epson RX620 printer with no problems.Today I wanted to print a Word doc. and when I clicked "File" & "Print" it came up as OneNote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by disgruntlednotech17#, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Printer disappeared from Win 10.

I've been using my Epson RX620 printer with no problems.Today I wanted to print a Word doc. and when I clicked "File" & "Print" it came up as OneNote for Windows 10. My printer isn't listed anymore!I'm no tech - yes below low tech, so I'm totally lost, and can't print a darn thing!Any help or ideas would be very welcome.

:)

disgruntlednotech17#, Apr 26, 2021

2. Printers Disappeared Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you are facing issue with printers. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

• Do you receive any error message?

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    occurs.

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device
      Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this
      device
      ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:
    Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 26, 2021
  3. cthorbr Win User
    Network printer disappeared after windows 10 update

After doing the latest update of windows 10, for some reason one of my network printers has disappeared. I am still able to print on the other 2 network printers that I have installed, but the 3rd one is missing. When I try to go add it again it doesn't
    show up in the suggested list after going into add a device from the device and printers menu. And for some reason now it doesn't give me the option to even select "the printer I want inst listed".

Any thoughts?

Thank you

cthorbr, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Printer disappeared from Win 10.

Printer won't scan after downloading win 10

Hi Julia,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer and printer?

Follow the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix printer problems

Fix printer problems

Do let us know if you are able to scan. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Printer disappeared from Win 10.

1. Printer disappeared from Win 10. - Similar Threads - Printer disappeared

2. Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.: Hi My printers have all disappeared after the March 2024 Windows 11 update . Troubleshooters in 'Settings' don't work, and I'm unable to add printers, as the 'Settings' app just hangs.I have booted into 'Safe' mode and can see the printers in the printer list. I have removed...
  3. Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.: Hi My printers have all disappeared after the March 2024 Windows 11 update . Troubleshooters in 'Settings' don't work, and I'm unable to add printers, as the 'Settings' app just hangs.I have booted into 'Safe' mode and can see the printers in the printer list. I have removed...
  4. Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...: Windows 11 updates installed. After a complete shutdown and start up my printer works perfectly. Then very soon it no longer works -- until I shut down completely again and start. This happens with fonts one italic font "vanishes" then when I shut down completely and start,...
  5. Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...

Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...: Windows 11 updates installed. After a complete shutdown and start up my printer works perfectly. Then very soon it no longer works -- until I shut down completely again and start. This happens with fonts one italic font "vanishes" then when I shut down completely and start,...
  6. Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution

Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution: I usually use USB to print directly as my PC does not have wifi.Recently, I added a USB wifi device and tried to connect to our printer via wifi. I had the problem that many other users seem to have where the printer dialog box quickly displays and then disappears so I could...
  7. Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution: I usually use USB to print directly as my PC does not have wifi.Recently, I added a USB wifi device and tried to connect to our printer via wifi. I had the problem that many other users seem to have where the printer dialog box quickly displays and then disappears so I could...
  8. Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. the shared printer disappears after update windows 22h2, and I can not install again error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the shared printer disappears after update windows 22h2, and I can not install again error...: the shared printer disappears after updating windows 22h2, and I can not install it again error 0x000000709.Please help, step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-printer-disappears-after-update-windows/7285c180-d864-41e3-a58f-886e024c5b6d
  10. the shared printer disappears after update windows 22h2, and I can not install again error...

the shared printer disappears after update windows 22h2, and I can not install again error...: the shared printer disappears after updating windows 22h2, and I can not install it again error 0x000000709.Please help, step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-printer-disappears-after-update-windows/7285c180-d864-41e3-a58f-886e024c5b6d