Windows 10: Printer dissapears after Windows Updates

Discus and support Printer dissapears after Windows Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I work on computers in peoples homes. I have had 3 HP printers in the last 3 weeks that have been broken by a MS Update. The printer is no longer able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KerryGish, Jan 1, 2020.

1. KerryGish Win User

Printer dissapears after Windows Updates

I work on computers in peoples homes. I have had 3 HP printers in the last 3 weeks that have been broken by a MS Update. The printer is no longer able to be seen by the USB port. You can plug other device into it but the printer is not seen by the USB ports anymore. You have to reload the HP program and run HP troubleshooter to fix the problem. I had 1 printer that was able to get working the other 2 the troubleshooter said it could not fix the problem.

:)

KerryGish, Jan 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Printer dissapears after Windows Updates

Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Printer dissapears after Windows Updates

1. Printer dissapears after Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Printer dissapears Updates

2. WiFi button and WiFi Adapter dissapear after update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi button and WiFi Adapter dissapear after update Windows 11: I want to ask about the same problem after I updated Windows 11 last night 16/03/2023 with update details "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706". Then my WiFi button disappeared, then I checked via Device Manager, my WiFi...
  3. Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating: Everytime I update or restart, the Windows settings app and taskbar dissapear and i keep needing to do a system restore. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-and-taskbar-keep-dissapearing/d100ed23-54d2-4c1d-acd2-f304875bd319
  4. Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating: Everytime I update or restart, the Windows settings app and taskbar dissapear and i keep needing to do a system restore. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-and-taskbar-keep-dissapearing/d100ed23-54d2-4c1d-acd2-f304875bd319
  5. Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart: Dear all, By now I've already recovered at least 10 domain Windows 10 PC's that, after reboot, loose all profile data.. I've even checked remotely, but all data seem to have disappeared for whatever reason, no new profile created or anything.. People are complaining that...
  6. PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE: Anyone have printer probs and receiving this msg after an update recently. I cannot print from my computer but Okay from Phone Call to Driveruninstall returned error 5 for package...
  7. desktop and files dissapear after last system update

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop and files dissapear after last system update: Dear all After updating my laptop late June 2020 my desktop and all files have disappeared. I can see some of them in the recycle bin but even when I am trying to restore, the path is not found. Can you help? Thank you all ElIza...
  8. MS Office dissapeared after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Office dissapeared after last update: MS Office completely dissapeared after last update, Please help!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-dissapeared-after-last-update/524da665-aaaa-4ce1-b128-0fcfdca8bd9c"
  9. Windows 10 - Printers dissapear or just won't print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Printers dissapear or just won't print: Greetings, Got an user who is using windows 10 and his printers keep going offline and simply won't print. 5 minutes later they go back to working normally or you have to delete the printer and add it again. - this is the case for all local and network connected...
  10. SSD Dissapears after Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Dissapears after Sleep: After I installed my new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD, it always disappeared from as a drive after I woke up my computer from sleep. This doesn't happen if I restart the computer though, so it's tied to sleep somehow. Only way it appears other than restarting the comp is if I...