Windows 10: Printer DLL problem

Discus and support Printer DLL problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computers run Win 10 Pro. We print large files all duplexed and some are landscape, others are portrait. Because we don't want to sit at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobMouat, Oct 30, 2018.

1. RobMouat Win User

Printer DLL problem

My computers run Win 10 Pro. We print large files all duplexed and some are landscape, others are portrait. Because we don't want to sit at the computer for hours waiting for it to spool large files we use a print spooler that sends all the selected files to the MS Print Spool.

Almost 15 years ago we discovered that then Modern printers were unable to distinguish between portrait and landscape when duplexed and get the flip correct. For a long time we thought it was the fault of printer companies but we discovered that all printers suffered the same problem- Xerox, HP, all of them until we tried an HP 8150 which worked brilliantly. We have used HP8150s ever since with no flip problems. Of course we have to use old drivers for the machines too. Problem is they are getting very old now, over 25-30 years old and break too often so we need a newer printer. The question is how to solve the flip problem.

In 2011 I had a long exchange with a Xerox engineer who found the problem. Essentially, MS changed a DLL and that removed the capability of printers to distinguish between landscape and portrait when duplexing. Here is what he said:

"Thank you for sending us the HP monolithic (not universal) driver. It has been analyzed and here’s the result. Re: HP LaserJet 8150 PCL 6 driver. The Monolithic driver does NOT use the Microsoft Core driver files (UNIDRV.DLL for the PCL drivers and PPSCRIPT5.DLL for PostScript drivers). Monolithic drivers are all based on files/code that are totally written and controlled by the vendor. So.. it’s entirely possible this specific “HP LaserJet 8150 PCL 6” driver could do this. HP Universal Printer Driver uses the Microsoft Core driver files just like the Xerox NextGen drivers use. The customer should determine if the real HP Universal Print Driver behaves the same as the “HP LaserJet 8150 PCL 6” driver.”"

My question to you is why has MS not fixed this obvious problem? You printer drivers worked perfectly through the 80s and 90s, then you changed the DLL and now each time you change page orientation while duplexing you have to go into the driver and change that. Is there a simple work-around?

Thank you,

Rob Mouat

Cornell Publications

:)

RobMouat, Oct 30, 2018

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Function Discovery Printer Port DLL not working

Hi,

I would like to inform that, changing the environment variables may help in getting the issue fixed.

Please check the suggestions by OctavioVela from the link mentioned below and see if it helps.

Error code "Function Discovery Printer Port DLL" not working

Note: This also applies to Windows 10. In the step 2 from the link above instead of right clicking on Mycomputer icon just right click on Computer.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps given in the below article:

Fix printer problems

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Printer DLL problem

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Printer DLL problem

1. Printer DLL problem - Similar Threads - Printer DLL problem

2. kernel32.dll. problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll. problem: can someone help me this problem, cause when i download some software on internet it cancels and says, the procedure entry point getfirmwaretype could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll. I would really appreciate if you could help....
  3. kernel32.dll. problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    kernel32.dll. problem: can someone help me this problem, cause when i download some software on internet it cancels and says, the procedure entry point getfirmwaretype could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll. I would really appreciate if you could help....
  4. Problem with MSVCP110.dll & MSVCR110.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with MSVCP110.dll & MSVCR110.dll: Hello, Sorry for my bad english, i'm french I don't know since when, but now I can't read any DVD/Blu-Ray and even movies in .ISO. I'm sure it was working 1 month ago. Usually, I use PowerDVD20 to open such files, but since today, i get an error: [ATTACH] also the same...
  5. Dll files problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dll files problem: I installed windows 10 (x64) on my pc (pentium @ 2.9 GHz, 6gb ddr3 Radeon HD 5450 1gb) from a USB drive I made a while back(I used it a few times with no problem on different pcs). But now, I get errors with dll files when I try to run almost any game. (and my storage is...
  6. opengl32.dll problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    opengl32.dll problem: Hi! For the past few weeks ive been trying to fix corrupted files on my computer, and I think ive got one left. This all started a bit ago when I tried to play a game that used the Battleye launcher. It said "Blocked loading of file: (blah blah) opengl32.dll" then randomly...
  7. ESPI11.dll problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ESPI11.dll problem: My Windows Defender has automatically removed ESPI11.dll file from my PC. Now most of software doesn't internet connect. How can I fix this without installing new windows? [ATTACH]...
  8. mscoreei. dll problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mscoreei. dll problem: Hello, I've had an iMac Pro, intel xenon 10c, 32gb ram, radeon pro vega 56 ... I recently run win 10 on bootcamp and when its starts in win its showing me this error.... Please, I need some help![IMG]...
  9. Problem with a DLL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with a DLL: I did it "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system" and after a day it is came back (the problem) and now i am to do it again and it wont work help!...
  10. Error, Dll problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error, Dll problem: Hi Can you help please, I have just recently had the error warning appear on the desktop every time I boot up saying Error in WSClient.dll Missing entry: Refresh banned apps list. Can you tell me what this means, what I have done to cause this and how do I get rid of it...