Windows 10: Printer does not print anything

Discus and support Printer does not print anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I am having printer issues. When I print from the first screen, a blank page is printed. However, when I print from the second screen, it works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tasteylunch, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Printer does not print anything

Hello. I am having printer issues. When I print from the first screen, a blank page is printed. However, when I print from the second screen, it works just fine. How can I make my computer either print properly from the first screen or print always from the second screen? I am 100% sure there are no ink issues. Test pages and images printed from the second screen print perfectly. Thanks! Printer does not print anything 9d7bf3d9-13ee-4945-993b-a05f2e90a362?upload=true.png Printer does not print anything cc0856a2-cbb1-4192-8f6c-2dfe856d9cb1?upload=true.png

:)

Tasteylunch, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Printer does not print anything

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Printer does not print anything

1. Printer does not print anything - Similar Threads - Printer does print

2. printer does not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer does not print: my printer does not print everything all right?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-does-not-print/b3b83be0-6e55-4cc2-8040-a4bdb48c9b2c
  3. printer does not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer does not print: my printer does not print everything all right?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-does-not-print/b3b83be0-6e55-4cc2-8040-a4bdb48c9b2c
  4. Printer connects but does not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer connects but does not print: I have printer which is totally working properly since yesterday but now it isnt. It is connected in the same WIFI and when you print it will just print a blank page. I check if there is any paper jam at all and also disconnects and re connects the printer. I even tried on...
  5. Printer connects but does not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer connects but does not print: I have printer which is totally working properly since yesterday but now it isnt. It is connected in the same WIFI and when you print it will just print a blank page. I check if there is any paper jam at all and also disconnects and re connects the printer. I even tried on...
  6. Printer connects but does not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HP Envy 5034 printer does not print anything in black

HP Envy 5034 printer does not print anything in black: My HP Envy 5034 will not print from computer or copy anything that is in black or grey. If I print a document from my laptop only the coloured part will print. I can copy or type anything in color and that is fine. My black cartridge is half full so surely I don't have...
  8. My printer does not print

My printer does not print: I have a Workforce 2750 printer, it does not print any files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-does-not-print/0b7be495-0564-402d-915d-ea5a38e1a039
  9. Windows does not print anything, on any printer

Windows does not print anything, on any printer: Model: Surface 3 OS: Windows 10 Version: 1903 Build: 18362.75 I updated my os to this version last week. Since then I cannot print anything. I tried all the troubleshooting methods I found online, but it didn´t help. I can install printers, see the status of each of...
  10. printer. does not print

printer. does not print: I have 2 printers, one Hp and another Canon, my Canon works fine, and the HP is installed but does not print. This did not happen before, my printer was working normally, I think this happened after an update....