Windows 10: Printer does not work after update to Build 18309

Discus and support Printer does not work after update to Build 18309 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated to Build 18309 last night and now when I go to print something the system tries to send the document to a file rather than the printer. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fishman69, Jan 4, 2019.

1. fishman69 Win User

Printer does not work after update to Build 18309

I updated to Build 18309 last night and now when I go to print something the system tries to send the document to a file rather than the printer. I can ping the printer (it is on the network) and I can access it with the browser, but I cannot get it to print from the computer. I can get it to print from the printer control panel, but that's all. The printer is an HP Laser Jet Pro 400 M401dw.

:)

fishman69, Jan 4, 2019

2. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jan 4, 2019
  4. deaseajk Win User

windows10 updates stops printer from working

this did not work for me. i ended up using recovery to go back to a previous build when my printer did work and so far that is working.

deaseajk, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Printer does not work after update to Build 18309 - Similar Threads - Printer does update

2. Printer does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer does not work: Hello,I have an HP 2055 printer that worked fine with version 20H2 4 months ago but now it does not work with version 21H1. I uninstalled and installed the driver on HP website but still I am not able to print. Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thank youRozi...
  3. after windows update not working printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update not working printer: after windows update not working printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-not-working-printer/73679a30-7b0d-454b-84fb-361b7c70df2f
  4. Printer won't work after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't work after update: After my most recent Windows 10 update, my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 won't stay connected to wifi. I've tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing it. Still says my printer is offline....
  5. Build 2004 Update USB printers not working

Build 2004 Update USB printers not working: Ever since i upgraded my computer to build 2004 i can't print to any usb printers that I have. I have ran all updates and am up to date. I tried the installing the kb4567523 fix and that did not help. Any ideas as to why this is happening and the hotfix did not work or has...
  6. printers not working after update

printers not working after update: Computer/programs do not recognize installed printers after installing upgrade. They show in the device manager but do not show up in any program when trying to print....
  7. My printer does not work

My printer does not work: Apply an update on my pc for the version of window 10, I previously had window 7 and now my printer does not work how can I make my printer work? Printer HP DeskJet GT 5810 thanks in advance...
  8. Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader. This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time...
  9. Printer previously working now not working after updates

Printer previously working now not working after updates: Using Windows 10 home, fully updated. After recent updates my Xerox printer has ceased to work. I have followed all the usual routines to reinstall the printer etc to no avail. The event message from the printer properties is as follows. Driver Management concluded the...
  10. After Updating Build 10586 display does not work at all

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After Updating Build 10586 display does not work at all: After installing10586 and rebooting my laptop display is blank. No cursor, nothing at all. The system is working and I can log in remotely via RDC but the display does not work at all. I tried hooking up an external monitor but it was apparently mirrored from the laptop...