Windows 10: printer doesn't show up to download scans

Discus and support printer doesn't show up to download scans in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; when trying to download the scanner app my printer doesn't show up.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Robbiefpenney, Jan 10, 2020.

1. printer doesn't show up to download scans

when trying to download the scanner app my printer doesn't show up.

:)

Robbiefpenney, Jan 10, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 10, 2020
  3. slim142 Win User
    Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Jan 10, 2020
  4. AlbertoMA Win User

printer doesn't show up to download scans

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

printer doesn't show up to download scans

1. printer doesn't show up to download scans - Similar Threads - printer doesn't show

2. Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...: Start Menu -> Control PanelView Devices and Printers or Devices and Printers from Small icons Control panel instead, same areaPrinters & ScannersAdd Device.So the scenario is I have PRINTER A already installed, printing on normal paper. Printer A has several trays and I...
  3. Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...: Start Menu -> Control PanelView Devices and Printers or Devices and Printers from Small icons Control panel instead, same areaPrinters & ScannersAdd Device.So the scenario is I have PRINTER A already installed, printing on normal paper. Printer A has several trays and I...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 - 22621.2428. Windows Fax and Scan is installed and running. The fax account is connected to a \\faxserver windows server 2012 and shows connected. Click New Fax. Type in To, Subject, and stuff in the body. Click Send.At this point, I am expecting a couple...
  5. RSAT downloaded but doesn't show up to download in optional features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RSAT downloaded but doesn't show up to download in optional features: Hi, I downloaded RSAT with the Powershell runned as administrator and it says "staged" so it is downloaded. But when I go to optional features in settings and I click add features and type in "RSAT" nothing shows up and when I look in already downloaded features it isn't...
  6. My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up: My printer seems to be working for printing pages and I just did a test run to send a FAX and the report states that the FAX was sent. However I am not able to scan. Please give me instructions to set this up. My printer is an HP Officejet 4630 series. Thanks so much...
  7. Printer not showing up in devices and printers

Printer not showing up in devices and printers: My printer does not show up in Devices and Printers. However, when I print from my applications, I can find the printer and it works fine. I want to make my printer the default printer, but have no way to do that. Can you help?...
  8. Devices and Printers doesn't show the printer official icon

Devices and Printers doesn't show the printer official icon: Hello i installed the official driver for LEXMARK MS510dn but i noticed that after installation the icon of the printer is shown as generic. After clicking properties i noticed that manufacturer is empty under device information. How can i restore the official icon of the...
  9. Printer doesn't show in printer list; but it does show in devices and printers and I...

Printer doesn't show in printer list; but it does show in devices and printers and I...: As above. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-doesnt-show-in-printer-list-but-it-does/1da057e9-1ad3-4ce7-9c82-89c158686fe2
  10. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524