Windows 10: Printer Driver Installation

Discus and support Printer Driver Installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RileyJ, Dec 9, 2017.

1. RileyJ Win User

Printer Driver Installation

I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I tried to install the printer driver, I received an error message "A port with the same name already exists. Change the port name". After I changed the port name, the driver still didn't work. How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

:)

RileyJ, Dec 9, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

driver not installed for printer

Hi Jeanne, have you installed the official driver for your printer from the Kodak Website?

Kodak Verite Printer Software and Driver Downloads – Kodak Support

When setting up your printer:

Disconnect the printer

Start the driver/software installation

When prompted, connect the printer

Let the driver/software installation complete

DaveM121, Dec 9, 2017
  3. driver not installed for printer

I'm setting up my Kodak Verite Printer on my new laptop. Get an error message that Driver is not installed

JEANNIE ARTHUR, Dec 9, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

Are you installing via wifi?

debsawyer, Dec 10, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    What is the model# of your Canon Printer?
    Go to Devices and Printers. Click Add a Printer. If it finds your wireless printer, add it. If it doesn't, click the printer wasn't listed. Go over to the Canon printer and from it's menu, print a configuration page. This should include the wireless IP Address.
    On the Windows 10 desktop put a checkbox in Add a Printer using a TCP/IP address, type in the IP address of the Canon printer (ie) 192.168.1.236 or whatever and go next.
    If that doesn't work, go to the Canon driver site or put in the Driver CD in and start the install, choose to Install WiFi printer.
    In Devices and Printers If there is already a Canon Printer there and it is greyed out, or not working, you can Right click and Delete it, or your can right click it, choose Printer Properties. go to the Ports tab and Uncheck the port you are trying to install to

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer Driver Installation - Similar Threads - Printer Driver Installation

2. how to install printer drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install printer drivers?: how do yu install printer drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-printer-drivers/995eb49c-e074-4b11-90d4-4cc866db2661
  3. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  4. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  5. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  6. Printer Driver Not Installing

Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  7. Printer drivers installation failure

Printer drivers installation failure: I have just received an error message 5001:0xfffec6b after downloading and attempting to install driver updates for a Brother printer. Download was made from their support website. Operating System is Windows 8.1 64bit The printer's drivers were uninstalled beforehand,as per...
  8. Printer Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver not installing: My Brother Color Laserjet Printer won't nstall. I get this message;Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-e3d01861-5e14-4b26-a5b0-f030a1447984 requires further installation.I have completely removed the driver software and reinstalled it. No joy. Running Windows 10 on an ASUS Zenbook....
  9. Printer Driver Install

Printer Driver Install: I have been trying to install my HP Printer Driver for Weeks and I cannot get it installed. It keep getting error messages about adminstrator rights but theres only one account on my computer....
  10. Printer driver installing problem

Printer driver installing problem: I'm trying to install Sharp AR-206 network printer. Driver will be found from Windows Update, but Windows won't install it . I just get notice "Printer driver not installed". [ATTACH] With my other computers (also Win10Pro) I don't have this problem. Is there any way to...