Windows 10: Printer Driver Installation

Discus and support Printer Driver Installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RileyJ, Dec 9, 2017.

1. RileyJ Win User

Printer Driver Installation

I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I tried to install the printer driver, I received an error message "A port with the same name already exists. Change the port name". After I changed the port name, the driver still didn't work. How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

:)

RileyJ, Dec 9, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

driver not installed for printer

Hi Jeanne, have you installed the official driver for your printer from the Kodak Website?

Kodak Verite Printer Software and Driver Downloads – Kodak Support

When setting up your printer:

Disconnect the printer

Start the driver/software installation

When prompted, connect the printer

Let the driver/software installation complete

DaveM121, Dec 9, 2017
  3. driver not installed for printer

I'm setting up my Kodak Verite Printer on my new laptop. Get an error message that Driver is not installed

JEANNIE ARTHUR, Dec 9, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

Are you installing via wifi?

debsawyer, Dec 10, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    What is the model# of your Canon Printer?
    Go to Devices and Printers. Click Add a Printer. If it finds your wireless printer, add it. If it doesn't, click the printer wasn't listed. Go over to the Canon printer and from it's menu, print a configuration page. This should include the wireless IP Address.
    On the Windows 10 desktop put a checkbox in Add a Printer using a TCP/IP address, type in the IP address of the Canon printer (ie) 192.168.1.236 or whatever and go next.
    If that doesn't work, go to the Canon driver site or put in the Driver CD in and start the install, choose to Install WiFi printer.
    In Devices and Printers If there is already a Canon Printer there and it is greyed out, or not working, you can Right click and Delete it, or your can right click it, choose Printer Properties. go to the Ports tab and Uncheck the port you are trying to install to

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer Driver Installation - Similar Threads - Printer Driver Installation

2. Printer Driver Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver Install: I have been trying to install my HP Printer Driver for Weeks and I cannot get it installed. It keep getting error messages about adminstrator rights but theres only one account on my computer....
  3. Printer driver always installing

Printer driver always installing: Hi, I have an old laser jet printer that is working fine, but windows 10 is always installing a driver for it sometimes more than 15 times per day. [ATTACH]Windows update often tells me that it failed to install a driver, but in settings it shows me that it has been...
  4. Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing

Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing: I have used this printer for several years for scanning as well as printing. No problems until I had to re-install Windows 10. The printer is working perfectly and now I now want to re-install the IJ scanner driver.This is: win-mg6600-1_0-mcd downloaded from the Canon site....
  5. Install Old Printer Drivers

Install Old Printer Drivers: I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation. The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no...
  6. I cannot install drivers for the printer

I cannot install drivers for the printer: I cannot install the drivers for my printer Brother MFC7860DW. I’ve downloaded these drivers and started the installation programme. However, during the installation I receive a message asking me if I want to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I set...
  7. installing Epson Printer Driver

installing Epson Printer Driver: Windows 10 firewall blocks Epson printer driver installation. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/installing-epson-printer-driver/764f1c47-9c6e-4176-a5dc-973fd20878c2
  8. Printer driver installing problem

Printer driver installing problem: I'm trying to install Sharp AR-206 network printer. Driver will be found from Windows Update, but Windows won't install it . I just get notice "Printer driver not installed". [ATTACH] With my other computers (also Win10Pro) I don't have this problem. Is there any way to...
  9. epson printer driver wont install

epson printer driver wont install: i've updated to windows 10 on my pc and i'm unable to download the driver for my epson sx235w printer to my pc. i've tried the install disc and also via the drivers online. each time it starts to download the drivers it gets stuck on the download part with the spinning wheel...
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...