Windows 10: Printer driver installing problem

Discus and support Printer driver installing problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Sharp AR-206 network printer. Driver will be found from Windows Update, but Windows won't install it . I just get notice "Printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MCTech76, Sep 15, 2018.

1. MCTech76 Win User

Printer driver installing problem

I'm trying to install Sharp AR-206 network printer. Driver will be found from Windows Update, but Windows won't install it . I just get notice "Printer driver not installed".

Printer driver installing problem 7cfdd0c8-1657-4cdb-b9f1-59236919415c?upload=true.png

With my other computers (also Win10Pro) I don't have this problem. Is there any way to install this printer?

:)

MCTech76, Sep 15, 2018

2. wirless printer problems

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 15, 2018
  3. error 0X800f0214 when installing printer driver - Microsoft Community

Hi Plamen,

It could be the driver is not installed properly or has got corrupted. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Aside from installing the printer device, were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver and see if the issue persists. We highly suggest to check the website of the manufacturer of the said printer to know the compatible driver for your current
    Windows 10 build.

As a reference, we also suggest that you check this article to troubleshoot printer problems for Windows 10.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Printer driver installing problem

Problems with printer

Hi Dashmogan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

Please follow the below methods and check:

Method 1: Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices as well as Printer troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install Printer drivers.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the Printer drivers and then install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the Printer drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for Printer and expand it.
    • Right click on the Printer driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website to download the Printer drivers for your computer and then install them.

Method 3:

We suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode. Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode.

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Also refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Printer driver installing problem

1. Printer driver installing problem - Similar Threads - Printer driver installing

2. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  3. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  4. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer driver problems: Windows updated the printer driver on my laptop on 8th June 2022. Since then all printing jobs on my HP printer have come out blurred with some lines in italics. All diagnostic tests have been tried out on the printer with no result. HP have told me that it is a problem with...
  5. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver problems: Windows updated the printer driver on my laptop on 8th June 2022. Since then all printing jobs on my HP printer have come out blurred with some lines in italics. All diagnostic tests have been tried out on the printer with no result. HP have told me that it is a problem with...
  6. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Problem in installing printer driver

Problem in installing printer driver: HiI have a problem in installing my printer program after I click on it will start extracting and nothing happening after it.I tried everything and nothing happened...
  8. Printer Driver Install

Printer Driver Install: I have been trying to install my HP Printer Driver for Weeks and I cannot get it installed. It keep getting error messages about adminstrator rights but theres only one account on my computer....
  9. HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems

HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems: Hi all, Been trying to install my HP C4180 Printer drivers (latest drivers from manufacturer's website) but have been encountering repeated errors. The drivers install fine until the part where the Installation Wizard request you connect the Printer via USB. The...
  10. Printer Driver Installation

Printer Driver Installation: I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I tried to install the printer driver, I received an error message "A port with the same name already exists. Change the port...