Windows 10: printer driver not available; what can I do?

Discus and support printer driver not available; what can I do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer will neither scan nor print from the desktop. There is a message stating "driver not available'. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill Ste, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Bill Ste Win User

printer driver not available; what can I do?

My printer will neither scan nor print from the desktop. There is a message stating "driver not available'. Any ideas?

:)

Bill Ste, Sep 21, 2018

2. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    printer driver

Hi Catherine,

We need to clarify a few things first for us to better understand your printer concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you having an issue using your printer or downloading the driver for your printer?
    • If you're having an issue downloading the driver for your printer, can you please tell us how do you download the its driver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you do it.
    • Are you encountering an error message when you attempt to download the driver for your printer? We strongly recommend that you post a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.
    • If the issue is with the printer itself, are you having a problem in printing or scanning? What is happening when you attempt to print or scan?

Argel Obm, Sep 21, 2018
  4. printer driver not available; what can I do?

driver for canon printer not available

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

You can install the drivers by following the below steps and check:

Step 1: Update drivers from
    Device manager

• Right click on Start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Printer device and expand it.
      • Right click on the Device and select Update driver.
      • Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 2: Check in compatibility mode.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the
    installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

For reference:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

printer driver not available; what can I do?

1. printer driver not available; what can I do? - Similar Threads - printer driver available

2. SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE: MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE WHEN I CONNECT MY PRINTER CUM SCANNER VIA USB.ALSO WHEN UPDATING DRIVER IT SHOW NO DRIVER FOUND. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-printer-driver-not-available/d4f2d082-666b-4598-9eec-1b850e393364
  3. SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE: MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE WHEN I CONNECT MY PRINTER CUM SCANNER VIA USB.ALSO WHEN UPDATING DRIVER IT SHOW NO DRIVER FOUND. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-printer-driver-not-available/d4f2d082-666b-4598-9eec-1b850e393364
  4. SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".: Hi allPlease help me. My Surface Pro running Windows 10 64 bit was working fine but about one month ago, the three printers I had loaded Canon, Epson, and Microsoft Print to PDF all stopped working at the same time.I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them and the...
  6. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".: Hi allPlease help me. My Surface Pro running Windows 10 64 bit was working fine but about one month ago, the three printers I had loaded Canon, Epson, and Microsoft Print to PDF all stopped working at the same time.I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them and the...
  7. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HP Printer driver not available

HP Printer driver not available: I use 2 different Printer in 2 locations. This time, the message on my computer is that the driver is unavailable. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still same message. Help!...
  9. What can I do to use an unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What can I do to use an unsigned driver: Okay so this is a weird problem but here we go. Basically, my dad handed me an old MIDI Hub since the usb on my midi controller is not working. I searched a bit on the internet and I only found a Windows XP driver. I tried to install it but Windows kept complaining that it...
  10. HP printer driver not available

HP printer driver not available: Just bought new surface laptop. Tried to install HP printer driver. Works on all other devices in the house but showing "driver not available". Have installed, uninstalled etc. but nothing seems to work/ Any ideas?...