Windows 10: Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 upgrade three weeks ago, my Canon printer will not print disc labels. It functions fine in every other regard, but when trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Laurence Lubin, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade

Since the Windows 10 upgrade three weeks ago, my Canon printer will not print disc labels. It functions fine in every other regard, but when trying to print the disc label I get an "unable to print" message without an error code, and when using the USB connection there is an additional box identifying USB001. The printer screen asks for the carrier to be inserted, but it pulls in partway, then out and in again a few times, before sending the carrier all the way out.

I have contacted Canon several times most recently yesterday and uninstalled/reinstalled the software and drivers several times, with no results. I was told by two Canon reps that they have had other similar problems reported since the upgrade, but they insist that the problem is Microsoft's and to contact them, but MS's support has an endless Moebius loop leading to dead ends.

Anyone have any ideas?I have work that needs to be done backing up here.

:)

Laurence Lubin, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade

1. Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Printer driver problem

2. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer driver problems: Windows updated the printer driver on my laptop on 8th June 2022. Since then all printing jobs on my HP printer have come out blurred with some lines in italics. All diagnostic tests have been tried out on the printer with no result. HP have told me that it is a problem with...
  3. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver problems: Windows updated the printer driver on my laptop on 8th June 2022. Since then all printing jobs on my HP printer have come out blurred with some lines in italics. All diagnostic tests have been tried out on the printer with no result. HP have told me that it is a problem with...
  4. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers

Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers: Hello, I have an old laptop lying around that I need to use, it isn't great, but for what I'll need, it fits. I've done a fresh install of Windows 8.1 x64. I then upgraded it to Windows 10 version 1507 10240. Everything went fine, all the drivers were working. The next...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.

Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.: How do I solve HP Color Laserjet printer problem following Windows10 upgrade? Printer message: "Unsupported Personality:: UNKNOWN". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-printer-problem/39d626e7-24c7-4850-8723-4041e27db459
  7. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  8. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?...
  9. Bluetooth driver problems after upgrading to Windows 10

Bluetooth driver problems after upgrading to Windows 10: I have Bluetooth built into my motherboard, the Asus Z87-Pro. The Bluetooth worked fine when I was on Windows 7. After upgrading to 10, I am having problems with the driver (Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS Adapter). I have installed the newest driver version...
  10. Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver

Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver: I have just updated from Windows 7 to 10. My Logitech 5.1 speaker system worked perfectly under W7. After upgrading to W10, the subwoofer does not work through applications. However, it DOES work through the Realtek HD Audio Manager. All five speakers work in the Audio...