Windows 10: Printer driver settings default oddly

Discus and support Printer driver settings default oddly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older Canon Pixma 6600. I have used it with Windows 10 to print photos. I changed the driver settings to Photo Paper Pro, highest quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gdgates, Jul 12, 2016.

1. gdgates Win User

Printer driver settings default oddly

I have an older Canon Pixma 6600. I have used it with Windows 10 to print photos. I changed the driver settings to Photo Paper Pro, highest quality output, etc. Now whenever I try to print anything, it defaults to the settings I used to print photos. Obviously this is not ideal.
    Printer driver settings default oddly [​IMG]

Anybody know a way to change this?

:)

gdgates, Jul 12, 2016
  2. GBeaulieu Win User

Windows 10 update (June 2017) printer problems

I finally got my Brother printer to work after uninstalling and installing the drivers numerous times, restarting, computer and printer numerous times. After one of these I noticed on the Windows 10 Settings-Printers & Scanners menu that there were two
    drivers listed one having (copy 1) beside it. I tried using that driver and suddenly the printer worked. I then tried using the driver without (copy 1) which did not work, so I uninstalled it. Printer works great now. Oddly enough, even though I got rid of
    that driver it still is on print menus, but its not the default, so I just ignore it.

GBeaulieu, Jul 12, 2016
  3. connecting wireless printer to desktop

all drivers have been downloaded but my wireless printer is not connecting with my desktop. oddly enough printer connects wirelessly to the laptop. please advise

harrietdelaney, Jul 12, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You could try going to Devices and printers in Control Panel and right clicking on your default printer and selecting Printer preferences. Here you can reset the defaults.

philc43, Jul 12, 2016
  5. gdgates Win User
    I guess my problem is that I wasn't in control panel, but in settings. It shows devices, but doesn't let you change default settings. I had to "Hey Cortana" to find the actual control panel. When in doubt, ask Cortana.

gdgates, Jul 15, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Or right-click the Start button and choose something to work with, Control Panel and Device Manager being just a couple.

Berton, Jul 15, 2016
  7. gdgates Win User
    Nice. As long as I've been using Windows, it's never occurred to me to right-click the Start button.

gdgates, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer driver settings default oddly - Similar Threads - Printer driver settings

2. Default Printer setting and Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Printer setting and Windows: Hi,When I went to set my printer as default printer it showed me a warning as "Setting this printer as default means Windows will stop managing your default printer"Why did I get that message? Is this something new that Windows managing?Thanks,RoGirl...
  3. Default Printer setting and Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Printer setting and Windows: Hi,When I went to set my printer as default printer it showed me a warning as "Setting this printer as default means Windows will stop managing your default printer"Why did I get that message? Is this something new that Windows managing?Thanks,RoGirl...
  4. default printer setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    default printer setting: To print a document, I push a print button somewhere; the printer offers a menu of all printers on my network. The top choice is "Save as PDF"; how can I get rid of that option? It has never been a default option...
  5. default printer setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default printer setting: To print a document, I push a print button somewhere; the printer offers a menu of all printers on my network. The top choice is "Save as PDF"; how can I get rid of that option? It has never been a default option...
  6. Win10 Setting Default Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Setting Default Printer: As admin or user1, am able to select default printer without issue. As user2, left click on the printer name does NOT expand the selection box, and Manage is not accessible. Suggestions?...
  7. set pdf as default printer

set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  8. set pdf as default printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  9. Change printer default settings

Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859
  10. setting default for printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting default for printer: How do I set my printer as the default printer for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/setting-default-for-printer/d634e4d2-7ede-4ddd-afad-ca101042a850