Windows 10: Printer driver unavailable

Discus and support Printer driver unavailable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been unable to use my printer because the constant message is 'Driver Unavailable'. This is so for both HP and Epson printers so presumably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthewMcKay2, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Printer driver unavailable

Hi,

I've been unable to use my printer because the constant message is 'Driver Unavailable'. This is so for both HP and Epson printers so presumably it's a windows problem not a HP/Epson issue.

Have done all the normal things: clean uninstall, reinstall, use the HP drivers - which won't install either - and followed all the discussion going back to 2016.

Printer works fine with iOS and Windows 10 can see the printer (gives me the ink levels and will happily scan) but will not print.

Does anyone have a simple solution because I'm at my wits end?

:)

MatthewMcKay2, Sep 18, 2018

2. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 18, 2018
  3. printer driver unavailable

Hello Chris,

The error that you received might be due to the incompatibility of the driver or the driver has been corrupted. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you install the driver in compatibility mode and check if the issue persists. You may refer
    to the steps provided by Vinodh_Kumar V on January 16, 2016 which can be found on this
    thread.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Printer driver unavailable

Driver unavailable for my Epson XP-640 printer

Hi Mike,

When you are getting the error message saying your "Driver is unavailable." when using your printer in Windows 10, it is possible that this is because of incompatible or incorrect drivers.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Do you get the same issue when using other printers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

To help resolve the issue, you can refer to the information and steps provided in

Sayan_Ghosh
    's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Printer driver unavailable

1. Printer driver unavailable - Similar Threads - Printer driver unavailable

2. printer error ' driver is unavailable'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer error ' driver is unavailable': I have an HP Laser Jet MFP M234dwe that is wirelessly connected to a Lenovo Thinkpad that successfully prints. However, the other laptop ten feet away - Lenovo IdeaPad3 doesn't recognize this printer. I get an error message 'driver is unavailable' and at the bottom right on...
  3. Printer Driver Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver Unavailable: Hi Everyone,I am facing an error when I am adding my my Epson Bluetooth Printer TM-m30. The error which is coming - "Driver is unavailable" / Status is unavailable"I have tried the following trouble shooting options - 1 Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver2 Restarting the...
  4. My printer Driver is unavailable

My printer Driver is unavailable: Hi, I just installed a new printer the other day and it printed just fine HP DeskJet Plus 4100 Series and when I went to print today, it said my printer driver was unavailable. How do I fix this?...
  5. printer driver unavailable

printer driver unavailable: I recently purchased an HP project 9010 all in one series printer about two weeks ago. I installed it easily everything was working fine, now suddenly it will not print. It goes from Default error, to drivers unavailable. I have done every "fix" out there. I have...
  6. printer says driver unavailable

printer says driver unavailable: printer says driver unavailable. Wondering if its an easy fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-says-driver-unavailable/e9fbe5ff-9dc1-4eaf-9d24-39e9b4c5d84b
  7. Printer Driver Unavailable

Printer Driver Unavailable: My HP Notebook, running Win10, won't print to my HP DJ3630 printer anymore. Following the instructions from the Get Help tech support, after several other unsuccessful steps, I uninstalled my printer and all drivers & support files. When I went through Settings-Devices-Add A...
  8. driver unavailable for printer

driver unavailable for printer: I have exhausted about all options trying to get my wireless printer to work again. On the computer for three hours today. Tech even took remote access and seemed to try every option that he knew. He really tried but without an answer. I am running windows 10, 64 bit on a...
  9. it says printer driver unavailable

it says printer driver unavailable: it says printer driver unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-printer-driver-unavailable/aaac6bfd-e444-4347-83ce-39ac7ed1d726
  10. Printer Driver unavailable

Printer Driver unavailable: I have been printing but all of a sudden it doesn't work now. It says Printer driver unavailable. It says everything is updated for my HP56EA60(HP Office Jet 6700) all in one. Thank you v/r Bernadette...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if epson printer driver is unavailable

2. epson driver unavailable on pc