Windows 10: Printer driver won't install

Discus and support Printer driver won't install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just reset Windows 10 64bit on my Lenovo Yoga; when I go to install the two printers a Brother and a Canon, both show this error during the install:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulStenzel, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Printer driver won't install

I just reset Windows 10 64bit on my Lenovo Yoga; when I go to install the two printers a Brother and a Canon, both show this error during the install:

Printer driver won't install 19ce4ef5-77d1-4099-b908-d8b264619262?upload=true.png

I have made numerous efforts at troubleshooting including a couple of hours with Brother support service; did a "clean" install; made sure many other settings were not interfering, etc; no luck. The same message comes up for both printers which makes it seem to be a Windows issue, not a printer issue.

Thank you

:)

PaulStenzel, Jan 27, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Virtual Pdf Printer Driver Won't install and Fixes won't work

You might be able, if needed, to get the old version, here at oldapps web site (disclaimer: I do not vouch for this site... check any and downloads with your fav malware/antivirus apps): Old Version of PrimoPDF for Windows XP

PrimoPDF forums are down it seems... however, I found this at PCReview forums, quote from "Unable to Install "Software" Printers":

Same solution on MSDN thread, "cannot install printer driver in XP Embedded":

95Viper, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Steve R Win User
    Virtual Pdf Printer Driver Won't install and Fixes won't work

Been having issues installing PrimoPDF on my system (Windows XP SP3) following a total reinstall of Windows XP SP3 - never had an issue before installing it. (Ironicly, I had to do the total reinstall of WinXP due to a real printer not instaling properly!)

I am currently getting the 1797 error, (and in safe mode I got 1722,)

I have tried every possible fix I could find on line - I reinsalled window's installer, I cleared the registry and old files, I tried a clean boot, I tried safe mode, etc.

I'm stumped actually on this one. I don't feel up to reinstalling WinXP and my system drivers again.

Any suggestions?

Now the funny thing is, in the add printer section, the virual port for the PrimoPDF does show up.

Steve R, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Printer driver won't install

I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Solved: Printer Offline and HP Support for Windows 10 won't come up - HP Support Community - 5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Printer driver won't install

1. Printer driver won't install - Similar Threads - Printer driver won't

2. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  3. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  4. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  5. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  6. Printer Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver not installing: My Brother Color Laserjet Printer won't nstall. I get this message;Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-e3d01861-5e14-4b26-a5b0-f030a1447984 requires further installation.I have completely removed the driver software and reinstalled it. No joy. Running Windows 10 on an ASUS Zenbook....
  7. Printers Installed but Won't Print

Printers Installed but Won't Print: I've got a PC running Windows 10 that won't print no matter what printer is connected. The printer is shown in Devices and Printers without any errors but when I try to print anything I get the message saying the job has been sent to the printer but apart from the printer...
  8. Printer Driver Install

Printer Driver Install: I have been trying to install my HP Printer Driver for Weeks and I cannot get it installed. It keep getting error messages about adminstrator rights but theres only one account on my computer....
  9. Printer Driver Installation

Printer Driver Installation: I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I tried to install the printer driver, I received an error message "A port with the same name already exists. Change the port...
  10. Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall: Hey guys, so every time I've been restarting my computer for the last few months after updating to windows 10, there is an old HP Printer driver that has been trying to update. However, it has never done so successfully and it adds an extra 10-15 minutes to my restart time...