Windows 10: Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

Discus and support Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Canon multi-function printer used to work normally but for the last few months it seeds prints to Fax though I am sending prints to PRINT.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Froschling, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

I have a Canon multi-function printer used to work normally but for the last few months it seeds prints to Fax though I am sending prints to PRINT.

It will print normally if I reinstall the drivers (TR7550) and leave the computer on but if I switch the computer off, when I switch it back on it will only print to FAX even though I specifically send prints to the printer.

Has anyone else seen this with similar printers ? I suspected the Windows printer management and so made the TR7550 the default printer but it defaulted to FAX again.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing to cause this behaviour ? Any suggestions gratefully received !

:)

Froschling, Apr 19, 2019
  2. chermesh Win User

Printing sent to non-default printer

Hi,
    I'm running a win10 Pro system. When I try to print a file, the default printer is shown. Though, the document isn't sent to my default print (Brother MFC-430W Printer). Instead it shows up as a piece waiting in the queue of Foxit Editor PDF Printer (which shows in my Device and Printers list, or in MS PDFCreator, which doesn't show on this list.
    How do I bring my default printer back to the fore?

Addendum: This problem shows while I try to print an Office document or when I print from my browser. Strangely, when I type to my Bullzip PDF printer, I manage to print the file from my Adobe Acrobat DC program.

chermesh, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

Windows 10 and Printer Drivers

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) What is the make and model of the printer?

2) Have you installed all the latest drivers for the printer?

I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• In the left pane click on View all.

• Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

1. Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only - Similar Threads - Printer drivers default

2. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  3. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  4. Printer only prints white

Printer only prints white: I have my printer and it is working yesterday. It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. Can somebody help me with this?...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  7. Printer only prints in Monochrome

Printer only prints in Monochrome: My HP printer will not print in color when I print from my laptop but does when I print from my phone. Is there somewhere in Windows 10 to change the preferences?...
  8. My printer faxes instead of PRINT.

My printer faxes instead of PRINT.: I have a MB 5120 wireless printer. Everytime I go print, it faxes. I choose the printer option and not the fax option but it still faxes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-faxes-instead-of-print/6c3388d6-657e-4fcc-a03f-825e638410dd
  9. Printer prints only in monochrome,

Printer prints only in monochrome,: Hi I have the 3 colour cartridges in the printer Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-in-monochrome/bfe42a8a-2c1c-41c8-99af-041ad18c34f5
  10. Printer tries to fax instead of print.

Printer tries to fax instead of print.: Hello, I have an Epson WF-7720 multipurpose printer and every time I try to print it brings up a popup trying to fax. I am asking for help here because the Epson support is being woefully unhelpful. Here are some details: The Epson printer on my Printers & Scanners...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default printer SHOWS UP AS FAX WHEN PRINTING